Would this bother anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Neighbour has just built an extention, set 7-8 inches back from boundary to take into account gutter. However it now transpires that they are going to put a soil pipe down the side of the extention to connect to the gutter downpipe and sink waste at the rear.

This soil pipe will just about fit in the 7-8 inch gap down the side (so technically up to the boundary as far as i can see. Not only is this a slight concern, but more so the depth at which the soil pipe will be. On "their side" (land level) it is well below the surface, however as it retuns down the side of the extention it is on "our side" and therfore just below the surface. I assume there needs to be a "fall" of some sort, so there is the possibility that it will be above ground at some point as it runs down the side of the extention.

Surely this will will a) be vulnerable, b) a poor solution c) This would make it difficult to put a fence up along the boundary (although there is little point as their wall is a "fence" d) Look crappy on my side with brown soil pipe just below the surface or sticking out at some point even though it is just on their side of the boundary line...

Could they not have run it internally under the floor?

Am I worrying too much or should I just let it be?

Sponsored Links
I have absolutely no idea what you are concerned about.

Grow some shrubs if it bothers you that much.

I have absolutely no idea what you are concerned about.

Grow some shrubs if it bothers you that much.

I thought I may be worrying over nothing.

It should not bother me, just worried about how vulnerable it was being a wate pipe more or less at the surface if not above. It will be pretty much alongside the path down the side of my house, so I just thought it was easy to damage by accident if above the surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back