Would work in a rental flat be classed as commercial or residential?

Could it be tied to the amount covered, i notice when our firm does commercial premises, like shopping centres they demand to see the insurance and usually stipulate minimum cover of millions of pounds
That (the 'millions of pounds'] seems to be the norm for professional indemnity insurance, but such policies are often extremely specific about what work is, and is not, covered.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
What kind of insurance would only cover residential electrical work and specifically exclude other kinds?
Further - what kind of 'electrician' would purchase it even if it did exist?
I can answer that having been shopping for it not too long ago. The insurance premium is based on risk (or perceived risk). When getting quotes online, there were choices for Electrical (Residential), Electrical (Commercial), and Electrical (All) - the options going up in price and down in restrictions. Residential being just that, Commercial adding most commercial premises but with a lot of exclusions, and All being most premises with a few exceptions (airfields, nuclear installations, and other high risk sites).
The difference in premium is enough for someone who is (for example) only going to be doing domestic work to not want to pay the extra for cover they don't need. In my case I needed the "all" option as churches are excluded from the commercial level of cover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back