Would you be happy with this roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To cut a long story short, the roofer is nearly finished on our summerhouse roof, he had to stop yesterday as the light was fading and he was rushing to get the ridge tiles bedded in. He couldn’t finish so will have to come back, however, today after the roof dried, the tiles look like they are covered in cement, it looks pretty awful but im not sure if this will wash off or if this is as bad as it looks.

Would this be easy enough to clean off without damaging the coating on the tiles? Any thoughts welcome.

IMG_3045.jpeg

IMG_3047.jpeg

IMG_3049.jpeg

IMG_3051.jpeg

Sponsored Links
A Two year old was he ?
Very untidy mortar works
Small hip cut at the top .. not good practice

I appreciate it’s not finished yet so I’m going to give them a chance to finish and clean it up, but is there an easy way this will come off without damaging the tiles? Wouldn’t have thought brick acid would be good for the coating.

Sponsored Links
Shocking job, I hope you did not pay full roofer rates. The only saving grace is that the mortar looks like it's the right sand and strength.

You should not use acid, it will affect the cement in the tiles too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back