Would you buy a cob house?

Just an update for anyone following this. I went to the village and summoned the energy to visit the next door neighbour. They were friendly and helpful and put my mind to rest about the cob, which they rate highly and do not see an issue with. I pressed for any signs of defects in their house (I know a little rude) as they only bought it 6 weeks ago and must have had a survey but they said nothing had arisen and had come from a cob house anyway so should know a little more about them. They also put my mind to rest about the parking which seems to be due to several bits of building work (including their own). I also dropped in at the local community shop and then another cob house in the village and they were both very helpful and encouraging about the village and cob. All in, and providing it is actually cob, I think it looks like we're less concerned about the cob aspect. Going for a second viewing tomorrow but rest assured we will be contacting a cob expert to take a look before we commit.

Thanks again to everyone for their valuable insight.

Sponsored Links
I don't live in a cob house but I do live in an oldish brick built one. What I do know is that even if it is a glorified mud hut, your inferrence not mine, it will be a thousand times better than a new build.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back