Would you or do you do this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The contractors who do a lot of the work for my local council have a pricework list....

kitchen ringmain with cooker circuit (steel conduit) as boss does not want cooker on RCDs....£150

Change the consumer unit, apparantly a P.I.R has already been done on property...£35

Change a bathroom light, feed off to a FCU outside bathroom, then load down to a fan £30

Sponsored Links
There's not a chance in hell that can pay unless the so called 'electrician' is only on minimum wage.

Sponsored Links
'Putting you first' - yeah, I bet!

I can imaging what some of the work is like with the people they attract :rolleyes:

Main gas bonding £10
Supp bonding to a Combi £5
plumbers take the toilet out for the tiler £5

I take it these are the prices to the tenent, and that the work is subsidised by the council?

Tenant does not pay anything. They are council houses getting a bit of a refurb

I worked for a council on decent homes and we got £400 per kitchen ring, db, and wire combi controls.

£35 to change a db, :LOL:

my local authority pays about £180 for a consumer unit (RCD upfront and 7 MCBS :rolleyes: )£80 for main and supp bonding, £54.50 per double socket and £41 for a 1 gang 1 way light. well that was the prices about 2 years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back