Wrapping for a shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning a shed build and after I have the timber frames erected, I was going to line it with plywood and then some sort of membrane. The final layer (probably featheredge boards) will then be nailed on this to finish.

What memberane do I use for this purpose? I was thinking roof membrane but wasn’t sure if that was too expensive and perhaps high grade for this use.

Please advise.

Sponsored Links
I am planning a shed build and after I have the timber frames erected, I was going to line it with plywood and then some sort of membrane. The final layer (probably featheredge boards) will then be nailed on this to finish.

What memberane do I use for this purpose? I was thinking roof membrane but wasn’t sure if that was too expensive and perhaps high grade for this use.

Please advise.
For a really good build, you want to put breather membrane on the frames, then 50 x 25 battens or 38 x 19 and then your cladding.

That makes a small cavity behind the cladding, so water ingress can run out and the cladding gets ventilated with air flow so it stays dry and doesn’t rot

Massively improves the weather tightness of a timber frame construction.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses. Do you recommend a particular brand of membrane for this application?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back