Writing on the wall ref. red diesel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[url=http://www.ybw.com/auto/newsdesk/20051105162503mbmnews.html]MBM[/url] said:
Government backs MBM on red diesel
The Government has announced it is 'minded' to take on the fight to save red diesel for leisureboaters.
The decision, announced moments ago in the Pre-Budget Report, means ministers now look likely to take the matter to the European Union, which has the final say on red diesel's future.
Leisureboaters could be banned from using the low-duty fuel by the end of 2006.

Today's decision is a triumph for MBM's two-year Red Alert campaign, which has sought to highlight the catastrophic and widespread effects of a possible 200% rise in the price of red diesel.

'Minded' to take on Europe ... Is that the kiss of death?

Not only marine stuff .... NfuOnLine

:(

Sponsored Links
I don't see a problem getting leisureboaters to pay fuel tax.... they should.

fossil fuel should have tax charged regardless of what its used for. renewable fuels, i.e veggie oil, should have no tax

i dont agree that they should as they never have had to pay it and its only the eu making it happen

time to leave the eu and go it alone me thinks of better yet USA USA USA

Sponsored Links
NigelKing said:
I don't see a problem getting leisureboaters to pay fuel tax.... they should.

But if I have to pay the fuel tax to get my boat from Monacco to Corfu I may have to lay off one of the deckhands!

Most of you here are less intelligent than sheep .

Have you any idea how many people this will affect??

I should say a few thousand maximum, so i big headline that the goverment is making everybody comply and pay their wack

What do you think your doing Freddie? we find something else to complain about and you throw cold water all over it ;)

Oh sorry carry on---evil ba##ards those goverment types, rob sparrows of crumbs they would

Part of the reasoning for fuel tax is to offset the environmental cost of road transport. (That's much more than just the CO2 problem)

Aeroplanes, farms, building sites and pleasure boats don't add to these wider road transport costs and therefore should not pay the same fuel tax as motorists.

Why stop at red diesel, make all airlines pay full duty on fuel, then lets see how much you pay on your next holiday. If I have to pay 80% tax on fuel for my car then everyone should pay 80% on all fuel.

Freddie said:
Most of you here are less intelligent than the sheep i used to have.

I should say a few thousand maximum, so i big headline that the goverment is making everybody comply and pay their wack

Baaaaa, I thought I recognised you

pickles said:
Freddie said:
Most of you here are less intelligent than the sheep i used to have.

Baaaaa, I thought I recognised you

Not many of Freddie's sheep would recognise him, he was usually standing behind them. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back