Wrong Damp Course Brick?

Is the builder right in saying this brick had to be used?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kind of

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
Would there ever be a case where a building inspector would stipulate their use?
Not necessarily no. There are instances where intense load bearing masonry structures would need to be built brick only. There are locations where the masonry needs to be 'tolerant' i.e. below DPC. The inspector only need to be convinced that masonry adheres to sub DPC standards whether that be block or brick.

Sponsored Links
Would there ever be a case where a building inspector would stipulate their use?
I wouldn't be too concerned about them using bricks instead of blocks so much as what the quality of the facework above DPC is going to be like.
What's below DPC wouldn't fill me with any confidence.

Thanks everyone for all your input.

So we will be telling the builder to take it down tomorrow. The question is, would you allow him to put it back up with a better matching brick, if the bricklaying is as bad as it seems?

Thanks everyone for all your input.

So we will be telling the builder to take it down tomorrow. The question is, would you allow him to put it back up with a better matching brick, if the bricklaying is as bad as it seems?

The question to ask is "Are you a bricklayer". If he says yes, then "Do you know what standards to work to?" If yes again, then "Well ****ing work to them then."

Alternatively , now he knows what you are expecting, then he may take more care.

If he can't lay bricks, then best get rid of him.

we need to rename this part of the forum to building and manicures section!:LOL:
and to the OP, some builders will just do whatever and hope that you don't know any better, either a good builder (if you can differentiate) or a good architect can sort it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back