WWII fighter pilot

Sucks I know.

But at least he is not in some falling down council flat, with damp walls all around him. I just hope, he does not get taxed on the money (they always find a way).

Bazdaa

Sponsored Links
Aye,aye chaps who said Nev was skint ???

As usual there is more to all this than our imaginations may allow...
Duke and his wife Gwen, 85, who he married in 1947, still fly together regularly.
The inference here is that they fly other than as passengers.. although not alone I am sure.. That is not a cheap hobby.

ND's wife allegedly said:
......By selling Neville's things we will be able to pay for the hip and make sure that all these items do not get lost when we die.
"We have nobody to pass them onto as it is unfair to bring a child up when we are both aviation mad. It would not be a good life for children th a father determined to get through the sound barrier."
Gwen said that after having been burgled three times the couple had seen their insurance premium rocket.
She added: "We can no longer afford to insure all Neville's things so it would be silly to keep them. We have suffered three break-ins and all Neville's silver medals were stolen then so we would not like to lose anything else.

That is unforgivable for anyone to suffer.

...."If we die and a solicitor came in here he may not see the value in the diaries and log books, lots of things that Neville's mother collected during the war, and they might end up on a fire, thats our fear."

Hmm, I'll not bet on that.. probably buy for 1p and hawk around ... Nah, charge for disposal, then hawk around... that's more like it.

Overall not a 'skint' thing more like cash flow, and lifestyle maintenance I imagine...
Anyway, with no heirs, I do not blame them selling, probably should have had replicas made and sold the originals ages ago.
:D

empip said:
Anyway, with no heirs, I do not blame them selling, probably should have had replicas made and sold the originals ages ago.

Behave Pip--he had " good " replica's made and sold them at the auction :LOL: --he kept the real one's ;)

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
empip said:

Behave Pip--he had " good " replica's made and sold them at the auction :LOL: --he kept the real one's ;)

too bl o ody right !!

Why hasn't Judge Pickles loomed over the ..."charge for disposal, then hawk around" inference.
:D :D :D :D

Back