Wylex adding MCB's

Is it an urban myth, or did some filthy foreign country once build a town and call it Sheffield so that they could sell cutlery and tools stamped "Made in Sheffield"?

Sponsored Links
Simon, just because a company is based in the UK and the product is manufactured in the UK, it does not mean the components of that product are made here.

Most components for MCB's and RCBO's are made outside the UK, even MK, the final products are simply assembled here.

In many Euro countries it is illegal for this to occur, that is why Merlin -Gerin Gear states Assembled in France, as all the components are made in Bulgaria, Czech Republic and China.

[political rant]So that's 2 European partners and one huge-emerging-nation-to-be-courted-and-to-hell-with-their-human-rights-record[/political rant]

ban-all-sheds said:
[political rant]So that's 2 European partners and one huge-emerging-nation-to-be-courted-and-to-hell-with-their-human-rights-record[/political rant]

And you point is :D:D:D

Sponsored Links
I'm sure the merlin-gerin shareholders are very happy that their profits are being boosted by the use of slave labour.

ban-all-sheds said:
I'm sure the merlin-gerin shareholders are very happy that their profits are being boosted by the use of slave labour.

Which country in the list uses slave labour?

They may be poorely paid in comparison to us, but they are hardly slaves.

If you actually do a true cost analysis on these peoples earnings, one that actually reflects their income to the local conditions and the cost of living etc, I would bet you will find that they are some of the better paid in the region.

It is all too easy to knee jerk react to the headlines claiming "50p a week wages", when in reality that 50p a week may be the same as £50 or more over here, and when the cost of living is accounted for, it could be even higher. We cannot do straight comparisons between earnings unless countries have similar economies.

And all this anarchy ensued because I couldn't figure out how to wire up my conservatory. Made by Anglian, assembled by Anglian manufactured in Sheffield! :LOL:

wishy said:
And all this anarchy ensued because I couldn't figure out how to wire up my conservatory. Made by Anglian, assembled by Anglian manufactured in Sheffield! :LOL:

See wishy, your just a trouble maker :D:D:D

FWL_Engineer said:
Which country in the list uses slave labour?
China. Do a search for [+china +"slave labour"] and you'll get thousands of matches.

In fairness, there was a lot of hyperbole in my comment about M-G components, I have no idea if, or how much, of the content is made by slave-labour, but given how many such workers there are in China it's a fair bet that even if they aren't making MCBs some of the raw components (wire, plastics, chemicals) are produced in that way. And the bricks which are used to build the factories....

When I was working in Chandigar a couple of years or so ago, I came across a gang of road repairers. Four men & four women. The women were shovelling stones, the men sitting on the lorry, smoking. I thought that each bloke had his own slave...

Ban, that slave labour in the searches is what Amnesty International refers to Prison Inmates that are made to work whilst in prison making things to fund the Prison system and the state.

Amnesty are a bunch of hypocritical, liberal, interferring gits. Even the UK has Prisoners do work for private companies that pays money to the Prison Service.

I'm now removing this post. Not because I retract anything that I said - I don't. FWL is as I said, and more, and his opinions are as I said, and more.

But conflicts like this do not belong on this forum.

To anybody other than FWL who was offended by what I wrote, I offer my sincere apologies.

wishy said:

Which Sheffield? The foreign one, or the one in a different country?

Miaow!!!!

Yep, Luverly down in the west country ... stormy out to the smokey east tho' ;)

Life is too damn short fellahs.

P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back