WYLEX TRADITIONAL REWIREABLE FUSEBOX.

Why not post some pictures of any Vintage Wylex Fuseboards we have for everyone to remember those pieces of engineering by??

Sponsored Links
Strangely I took an old one out recently, (I still have it) I also took the original Wylex box it was supplied in and the sales ticket that were in the loft. 1988 IIRC.

DSCN9218.JPG

Sponsored Links
Older versions definitely had two screws on the neutral; I guess dropping to one was a sign of economy measures being taken in later production. I can't say I've ever seen a broken one on any Wylex Standard board though.

Why not post some pictures of any Vintage Wylex Fuseboards we have for everyone to remember those pieces of engineering by??
Not very good pictures for the purpose at hand, but I found these on a quick scan through my old U.K. electrics photo archive. These were taken just before I pulled them all out.

Attachments

• MM02.jpg
    MM02.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 135
  • MM11.jpg
    MM11.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 138
  • MM12.jpg
    MM12.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 127
I was looking for a fault at a friends house and his wylex board had a large blast mark by the neutral block, at some point a neutral screw must have fallen out and shorted between the neutral block and the top of the first fuse. It must have happened with the lid on as the blast mark was also on the inside of the lid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back