XDH 16 DVR help required pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Before I call ghost busters……..

I need some help with my XDH16 DVR (new) Audio side only.
It has 4 audio outputs. I have 4 microphones connected (new)
I’m using it on remote access (RAMS software)
When I first install it, only one of the audio channels was working. Thinking that the wires to the phono plugs must have busted I left it for another day. I checked the wires (Cat 5) and they were fine. Some time later, for some reason a 2nd second channel stated to work ?
Messing around to put on a new router (the old one had a intermittent fault), all of a sudden the third channel stated to work. I must stress that at no time have I (or anyone else) touched the DVR, as it is located under the stairs and the door is locked, so no movement of the wiring.
I have been through the settings menu and have copied the settings from the working channels to the ones that weren’t working, so everything has the same settings.

I checked the wiring at the mic ends (fine) and swopped the mics around from channel to channel, check continuity of the wiring, but it makes no difference, the last channel doesn’t want to fire up (so to speak).

What’s confusing is that for no reason and of its own accord, the DVR since the beginning, has decided when 'IT', wants the mics to work? Spooky !!! Ha ha

Seriously though, anyone had this problem ?
Thanks
P.s I'm runing 5 Cameras and 'all' video is working fine

Sponsored Links
Is audio 1 linked to camera 1 and so on audio 2 camera 2 , if not then you won't hear the audio when you go to full screen .... .?

Is audio 1 linked to camera 1 and so on audio 2 camera 2 , if not then you won't hear the audio when you go to full screen .... .?

Yes, each camera is associated with the relevant micro phone . So as you highlighted, camera 1 audio 1. Cam 2, audio 2 and so on.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back