Xenon Low Voltage Cove Lighting Strip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

Once again I'm stumped. I need to light part of hallway, but as it's looked down on from a gallery, and has a pitched ceiling uplighter/downlighter would look odd with normal fittings. I would like indirect lighting and was thinking of these, (CLICK) but as yet cannot find a uk supplier. Any ideas please.

What I'm trying to provide is something like this. (CLICK) but with the light washing down the wall. Because of other elements present in the area standard fittings are not practicable.

Thanks.

Salem.

Sponsored Links
the lights you first refer to look like (i would say they are really) internal lamps for your car courtesy light.

I take it its a "swish place"? they will be for? how about leds? (i am not joking) i will go away aand find what i am mean

breezer said:
I take it its a "swish place"? they will be for?

I wish :!: :!: :!:

It's been a building site for best part of 2 years. :eek: Mrs Salem wants it all finished 3 years ago. What with shift work and 2 :evil: kids. Who has time.

Salem.

Sponsored Links
Hi breezer & thanks.

Florescent tubes, :eek: Don't let Mrs Salem here you say that. That's what I sugested, my ears still hurt 2 weeks later. To say she hates them is being modest. Next you'll be saying to get rid of the dishwasher. Scary Stuff.

I did find those, but was concerned that the light output would be too low, but I like the idea of LED's, as very low heat in use and long life.

Salem.

City Electric, Barnstaple.

They have strips that plug together, with approx 12 'courtesy light' type lamps on it, with or without coloured sleeves.

Dimmable.

No pics I'm afraid, they have a display on the counter.

You could of course get some neon cold cathode lights made - these are far cheaper than they used to be. Sign Shops make them to length.

Thanks All for the ideas. will look into the cold cathode idea further, and will call City Electric.

"Breezer", Mrs Salem has a florescent fitting with your name on it :LOL: :LOL:

Salem. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back