Xmas Lights wiring problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a set of LED Christmas lights and the controller that is supplied has develeoped a fault and i cant set the lights to the function i want. Therefore i would like to snip the wires, take out the controller and wire the lights back up again with a connector block so that they're on static all of the time. It sounds easy enough but i have 2 wires that go into the controller from the transformer and 3 wire that come out from the controller to the lights themselves so how do i connect the extra wire from the lights? Where does that one need to connect to?
Thanks for any help.....

Sponsored Links
What voltage do these lights and controller operate at? If there 12 volt d.c. then you can play around with a battery or power supply, but, if the controller is 230 volt than it's best to leave them alone unless you know what your doing. For what they cost in the shops it might be easier to just buy some new ones. :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back