xp home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if i bought an original version of xp home,can it be used on any desktop i wish to put it on?

Sponsored Links
Yes, assuming that the PC's in question meet the minimum system requirements. If you are asking how many PC's can you put that one copy of Windows on too , thats something else alltogether :LOL:

i'll clarify...i live in one house with one desktop,and i also live in another house a few miles away with one desktop,can i use the same os on both computers,?

If you look at the licence agreement Here the first paragraph reads:

1.1 Installation and use. You may install, use, access, display and run one copy of the Software on a single computer, such as a workstation, terminal or other device ("Workstation Computer"). The Software may not be used by more than one processor at any one time on any single Workstation Computer.

Microsoft obviously requires you to purchase individual copies of Windows one per computer.

In your case you could argue that as you cannot use 2 systems at the same time you are complying with the second part of the statement "may not be used by more than one processor at any one time.." Doubt that this argument would stand legal scrutiny though :D

You will have to activate the software though within 30 days on each system

Sponsored Links
And though it is a clear breach of the MS licence , you will manage to activate them both. At your own risk of course.

You can pick up a legit copy on flea bay for next to nowt, make sure it's sealed not OEM and has a licence with it.

You can pick up a legit copy on flea bay for next to nowt, make sure it's sealed not OEM and has a licence with it.
License is the wrong name for what you need - you mean either "C of A" or "Product Key", or both.

Sponsored Links
Back