Xpelair C4TS Ceiling Mounting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I know this isn't really an Electrics issue but all the Xpelair posts seem to be in this sub-forum.

I have recently purchased an Xpelair C4TS extractor to replace the dead one in my bathroom. Does anyone know if you're supposed to remove the back draught shutter when ceiling mounting this fan? There is no specific mention of it in the instructions (which aren't exactly clear) but it does seem to be a requirement for similar Vent-Axia fans. I ask as the fan barely lifts the baffle when operating and it seems to significantly restrict air flow.

I have tried to phone and email their technical support but I'm getting the impression that they don't want to be contacted - phone line suggest email and then cuts off and emails bounce back...

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would tend to agree with removing them. Generally the restrictive nature of the duct and any bends is enough to stop too much backdraught.......However, Xpelair's installation video shows the shutters left in place when ceiling mounting.

It's not highly advertised, but you can email Redring Xpelair Group technical support at the address below, I don't know if this is the email address you used.

[email protected]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back