Xpelair query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Decorating my bathroom, turned off Xpelair at isolating switch and noticed there is no fuse between this switch in the live wire to the Xpelair unit.

This is shown in the fitting instructions to be needed, but an electrician pal says that as it is connected through the lighting circuit, that has 5 am fuse at the consumer fuse board, there is no need, seems logical, is he right?

If not, how do I insert such a fuse in this single wire, I know you can have in line fuses in car electrics do things exist for home electrics?

Sponsored Links
You dont need one unless the fan instructions say it needs one lower than 5 amps.

You would have to fit it before the supply to the bathroom light, since the fan requires a live and switched live - you cant fuse them seperately.

"in line fusing" takes the form of a fused connection unit - Most fixed appliances have one. Looks like a normal switch plate, but with a fuse holder on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back