Y Plan system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys

Can you have a look at the diagram of the Y plan system on this link http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/docs/Sundial-Plans.pdf and tell me why it shows a pump in the installation. Am I correct in thinking that if the boiler has a circulation pump built in, then there is no need for a separate pump.

Or is it the case that they show the pump in the diagram as separate but are in fact referring to the pump within the boiler. If that is so do you wire the pump in the boiler in accordance with the diagram in the doc above. The boiler I am considering is a Greenstar Camray utility.

Many thanks.

PS I am not installing but I do want to be able to explain my self to the engineer when we talk.

Ta.

Sponsored Links
No pump no water circulation!!?

You can set up a y plan with a heat only boiler. System boilers have a pump mounted within the boiler housing but can laid out as y plan or s plan set ups

Edit. Sorry, heat only boilers don't have a pump

Ta. It is a system oiler with a built in pump soIf that is so do you wire the pump in the boiler in accordance with the diagram in the doc?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Surely not!!! If the pump is within the boiler, operated by the control circuitry, It is the boiler that controls the pump.

In fact, if the boiler has pump connections, pump should be wired to the boiler connection and not connection box.

Only time pump will connect to 9 and 10 on 10 terminal chocky block connection strip is if the boiler has no facility to power the pump.

If the boiler has permanent live connection, chances are, pump will be powered by the boiler.

It might be prudent to follow the wiring plan in the manual as opposed to standard Y plan as boiler could be live when switch off at the facia mounted ON/ OFF switch

I realise i may have mislead you as DP has pointed out.....when i said yes i assumed the doc you were refering to was the boiler doc. Pump is wired to your controls via internal connections and from there to your programmer possibly via a junction box

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back