Y Plan wiring - detailed!!!!??

You are a messer. Blame everybody but your own ignorance.

Just get a qualified person round when you want your infernal programmer changed. If this thread goes on much more I'll come round and change it myself.

i'm not a messer, just curious! but i doubt you'd be able to change it as you wouldn't know where the wires went anyhow either!! you'd prob blow it up !! i was just curious for some help as to why my system was different to the set Y plan and if there was another plan available which would be suited to my system. there's no need to be rude about it!!

Sponsored Links
confuse you even more a y plan can have as many as 29/30 wires in contol box down to 16 or less depending on how it is wired.
And thats not even including frost stats

ok, thanks all for your help on this! even though i annoyed you with my stupidness!!!

i suppose if a part goes wrong, you just have to try and replace with a like for like part and if not follow the manufacturers instructions for new wiring!! ...

Sponsored Links
Its very rare you will see two Y plan systems wired up exactly the same but all work the same. The honeywell guide is a GUIDE.

If the main 240v goes to the programmer before or in addition to the wiring centre then it doesnt need these "extra, missing wires" as its already getting the 240v.

Changing a clock is usually straight forward on most systems. Only becomes a headache when the clock has been used as a wiring centre too. This was more common in older systems / grav hot water systems with just one zone valve or only the pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back