Yale Alarm "DC DC TAMPER"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm sorry if this has been covered before, couldn't find a resolution to my problem.

I have a fault stating "DC DC TAMPER". From this fault name do you know what and where the fault is? I've taken the control unit off and put back but got another fault that I then cleared from the log.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Sponsored Links
DC - Digital Communicator

Does that help in any way?

Door contact seems more likely? I suspect you'll have at least one of those on the system, so check the lid/rear tamper switches are secure (if it has any) and replace the battery while you're at it.

I would say its your door contact, as already suggested above by Scott you need to check the tamper is secure on the DC and you may also need to change the battery.

I would manually hold in the tampers and have a magnet next to the DC to see if the status changes.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies.

I currently have no door sensors on (I have a new house and the doors are to be replaced as they have cracked near the locks). I have 2 PIR movement sensors only. I'm a bit concerned that it might be the tamper on the siren box.

I didn't learn the door sensors on setup but could these be picked up somehow?

Thanks again

If you haven't learned any door contacts to the system then it shouldn't be capable of creating a fault.

I would check to see what is/ isn't learned to the system first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back