Yale HSA 6400 Home Omit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can anyone help with the following please?
I have installed my alarm without problems but one feature doesn't seem to work for me. I have 3 PIR's installed and have set one to Home Omit so that I can use the bathroom at night. It all works fine but the manual says that when leaving the house you can set alarm "away armed" and all PIR's should work upon entry. This doesn't seem to work for me. It seems a drag if you have to change the setting to burglar every time you go out!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Its fairly simple..

All devices set as either burglar or entry will arm when you press either the red arm button or the orange arm button.

If you have set a device as an omit device then it will still arm when you set the system with the red arm button but it will not arm if you set the system with the orange arm button.

Therefore you should arm the house when you leave it empty with the red button and arm the alarm on an evening when going to bed with the orange arm button..

Many thanks skyboy but I don't think you understood my post.
Away armed IS when you use the red button. It doesn't seem to arm the PIR set to home omit and it should do.

thanks anyway.

I don't understand this
the manual says that when leaving the house you can set alarm "away armed" and all PIR's should work upon entry. This doesn't seem to work for me.
do you mean you set the house to "away armed" and when you return, one of PIRs does not sound the alarm if triggerred?

Or are you talking about entry countdown?

The red "away arm" button does not give home omit.

Sponsored Links
It is not fit for your purpose.
Send it back and buy a Visonic powermax.

you mean you set the house to "away armed" and when you return, one of PIRs does not sound the alarm if triggered?
then something is wrong.

Do a walk test to verify that this sensor is correctly learnt in; that it detects you when you walk past it; that it is not an entry device; that the batteries are ok; that the signal is not masked by its position, e.g. close to metal or electrical items (I once had a device that was masked by steel scaffolding inside the house during building work).

If the sensor is messaging the panel, and the panel has been armed using the red button, then the sensor should set off the alarm when triggered. You might like to move it around so that it is triggered, as if by someone climbing in through a window, before the Entry or any other sensors have been triggered.

While testing or tinkering, it can be useful to set alarm siren length very short, to avoid annoying the neighbours.

OOI, how did you become aware that this sensor was not setting off the alarm?

A simple walk test would suffice not a full alarm condition.
Advising the OP to change parameters when they may be wrong anyway isnt the right direction to take.

Do a full walk test, if you have to take all detectors off the wall and put under a pillow. Sounds silly. but when in walk test all are covered and when you remove one it will be the only one triggered. Had to do this a few times with Yale stuff to make sure they were right. Amazing how end users get it wrong sometimes. And walk about during a walk test however told not to.
Also check tampers, they detract from walk tests. AND give the detectors time to "sleep" they will not activate instantly another drawback of one way reporting.

A simple walk test would suffice not a full alarm condition.
Advising the OP to change parameters when they may be wrong anyway isnt the right direction to take.
Which parameters were you thinking of changing?

The walk test will tell you if the sensor is recognised by the panel.

If it is, the next thing is to check if it will cause an alarm when the red button has been pressed, independent of any other sensors such as the entry ones.

If it passes walk test but doesn't cause an alarm there is most likely an incorrect setting.

If it passes walk test but doesn't cause an alarm there is most likely an incorrect setting.

And as said, the parameters. Sorry a big word for a small item. The programming is incorrect if as stated it is not registering on a setting that should be armed in a full setting situation.

Do a walk test to verify that this sensor is correctly learnt in;
That requires you see the panel has reacted to the sensor Even though the lamp on the sensor confirms the sensor detected you that alone does NOT confirm the panel received the radio signal from the sensor.

Systems with two way communications often control the LED by signals from the panel to the sensor during a walk test. Thus the LED confirms that the panel is aware that the sensor has detected something.

On many ( if not all ) battery powered wireless sensors two way communication is not used.

John

My comment was for the information of those average users who assume ( and may have been told by sales people ) that the red light on the sensor indicates that the alarm system has been informed that someone is moving in the room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back