Yale HSA 6400 Home Omit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm Is that whay so many people lose their URN police response . . family come home through the front door - entry timer ticks down and little Freddy rushes into the lounge to switch on the telly and bingo - that's one of your three strikes gone

The radio signal from the newly aquired baby monitor at number 36 is received by the siren at number 38, the siren sees this as blocking / jamming and goes into alarm mode, ( there is no other way it can warn the owner that it is compromised ).

Too many of these apparently false alarms and people will ignore the siren and not call the police and eventually will require the alarm to be turned off ( noise pollution ). Of course the "jam prevention :LOL: " feature can be turned off leaving the system unable in any way to warn the owner when is blocked and cannot respond to a sensor reporting intruders.

Is the convenience of wireless installation worth it when this situation of an alarm being compromised is not only possible but does happen. A report compiled for OfCom in August 2011 mentions that as many as 30 % of wireless alarms using licence exempted radio channels could be prone to significant blocking from other equipment.

By all means recommend and install them but do not ignore the problem that are likely to occur with equipment that uses licence exempt radio channels.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm Is that whay so many people lose their URN police response . . family come home through the front door - entry timer ticks down and little Freddy rushes into the lounge to switch on the telly and bingo - that's one of your three strikes gone

The radio signal from the newly aquired baby monitor at number 36 is received by the siren at number 38, the siren sees this as blocking / jamming and goes into alarm mode, ( there is no other way it can warn the owner that it is compromised ).

Too many of these apparently false alarms and people will ignore the siren and not call the police and eventually will require the alarm to be turned off ( noise pollution ). Of course the "jam prevention :LOL: " feature can be turned off leaving the system unable in any way to warn the owner when is blocked and cannot respond to a sensor reporting intruders.

Is the convenience of wireless installation worth it when this situation of an alarm being compromised is not only possible but does happen. A report compiled for OfCom in August 2011 mentions that as many as 30 % of wireless alarms using licence exempted radio channels could be prone to significant blocking from other equipment.

By all means recommend and install them but do not ignore the problem that are likely to occur with equipment that uses licence exempt radio channels.

What has this got to do with the original post or even the comment you quoted?
Maybe those baby monitors should be banned apparently they block the reception of aeroplanes coming in to land..lol
Oh BTW I am not ignoring the problem as I have said time and time again it just has not been an issue at all with me. In fact here is something you might find very interesting. When I started installing the alarms so I could tell whether the devices were learned into the system I actually used a rechargeable wireless baby monitor so I could place the monitor by the control panel while I listened to the receiver at the pir as I pressed the send button and could hear the panel bleep its confirmation back to me over the baby monitor...

When it becomes an issue and to me that would be if I get more than one report a year which is a number I do not currently get anywhere near , I will let you know.

<person on forum hoping for help> I have got a Fiat Bloggo and the rear wiper judders

<insane Alarm enthusiast> It is no good, take it back and buy a Mercedes

<helpful person> I used to have a Fiat Bloggo, there is an adjusting nut on the end of the splined shaft that sometimes comes loose and needs tightening

<insane alarm enthusiast> That's typical of these Fiats, see how badly designed they are? If you buy a proper car like a Bentley Supermax, the windscreens are kept dry by an ultrasonic beam

<helpful person> He just wants to know how to stop the wiper juddering

<insane alarm enthusiast> How dare you go around telling people that a Fiat is a car? Nobody should ever buy a Fiat

<helpful person> a Fiat is quite cheap and can be used for driving around

<insane alarm enthusiast> You're just an amateur car driver. What do you know about the design of jet engines? You are not qualified to give advice on motor vehicle technology

<helpful person> He just wanted to know how to stop his wiper juddering

<insane alarm enthusiast> You just claimed that a Fiat Bloggo had four-wheel drive and a supercharger

<helpful person> No I didn't, read it again

<insane alarm enthusiast> I've spent forty years designing radar installations, what do you know about it? Nothing. So You shouldn't be on here trying to tell Fiat owners how to deal with juddering wipers, you know nothing. And it all goes to show that you shouldn't go around telling people to buy Fiats.

<helpful person> But I didn't, you just made that up. I know how to stop the wiper juddering, what I do for a living is irrelevant and none of your business

<insane alarm enthusiast> You see? That shows I was right. And you admitted that Fiats get punctures if they run over broken glass. A tank doesn't. You shouldn't pretend that a Fiat is as good as a tank. Nobody should ever buy a Fiat because it will get punctures.

<another alarm person> You see, the space shuttle has got ceramic tiles on the wings. The Fiat Bloggo hasn't got them, so can overheat under some circumstances. That shows a Fiat Bloggo is not the same as a space shuttle.

<helpful person> The OP came on here wanting to know how to cure his juddering wiper. You haven't said anything to help him.

<insane alarm enthusiast> Yes I have, I've pointed out the bad design of a Fiat motorcar. What else is needed?

<person on forum hoping for help> I have got a Fiat Bloggo and the rear wiper judders

<insane Alarm enthusiast> It is no good, take it back and buy a Mercedes

<helpful person> I used to have a Fiat Bloggo, there is an adjusting nut on the end of the splined shaft that sometimes comes loose and needs tightening

<insane alarm enthusiast> That's typical of these Fiats, see how badly designed they are? If you buy a proper car like a Bentley Supermax, the windscreens are kept dry by an ultrasonic beam

<helpful person> He just wants to know how to stop the wiper juddering

<insane alarm enthusiast> How dare you go around telling people that a Fiat is a car? Nobody should ever buy a Fiat

<helpful person> a Fiat is quite cheap and can be used for driving around

<insane alarm enthusiast> You're just an amateur car driver. What do you know about the design of jet engines? You are not qualified to give advice on motor vehicle technology

<helpful person> He just wanted to know how to stop his wiper juddering

<insane alarm enthusiast> You just claimed that a Fiat Bloggo had four-wheel drive and a supercharger

<helpful person> No I didn't, read it again

<insane alarm enthusiast> I've spent forty years designing radar installations, what do you know about it? Nothing. So You shouldn't be on here trying to tell Fiat owners how to deal with juddering wipers, you know nothing. And it all goes to show that you shouldn't go around telling people to buy Fiats.

<helpful person> But I didn't, you just made that up. I know how to stop the wiper juddering, what I do for a living is irrelevant and none of your business

<insane alarm enthusiast> You see? That shows I was right. And you admitted that Fiats get punctures if they run over broken glass. A tank doesn't. You shouldn't pretend that a Fiat is as good as a tank. Nobody should ever buy a Fiat because it will get punctures.

<another alarm person> You see, the space shuttle has got ceramic tiles on the wings. The Fiat Bloggo hasn't got them, so can overheat under some circumstances. That shows a Fiat Bloggo is not the same as a space shuttle.

<helpful person> The OP came on here wanting to know how to cure his juddering wiper. You haven't said anything to help him.

<insane alarm enthusiast> Yes I have, I've pointed out the bad design of a Fiat motorcar. What else is needed?

John D that is absolutely hilarious!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You are in the wrong job you should be a comedy writer - excellent stuff my eyes were filling up with tears... ROFL!

Sponsored Links
So two long replies without any technical advise.
One about cars with lazers as wipers. Another testing "alarm" with baby monitors.

Even Harry Enfield and his mates could not make this up. Yet two persons with no qualifications or design knowledge make assumptions about DIY equipment versus professional equipment.

One makes assumptions about regulations and how they affect Police response, yet has no knowledge of the regulations in place.

Everytime a issue is made about a yale "item" YaleGuy3 or Skyboy or whatever incarnation he is using today ( is not multiple accounts not allowed here?) They always say "never heard of this before, but here is how to fix it"

So if never heard of, how do they know the fix?

And that is why they are not telling the truth. They know the issues, but like to send PM`s to assist users rather than show on the public side.

Everytime a issue is made about a yale "item"...

some nutter comes on here and tells him he shouldn't have it, instead of trying to help the person with the query. And complains about anyone who tries to offer helpful advice.

And then compounds his unhelpfulness by making up untrue allegations and pretending he can't see the truth.

The last sentence is a good description of you and another, so glad you accept this now.

As always the PROFESSIONALS assist and give the better advice. It may not be what is wanted to be heard. It is however the best.
When you have done your apprenticeship in locksmithing/Alarm Systems / CCTV and Fire then by all means make a constructive contribution.

All you do lately is abuse and not assist. check out your recent posts.
And still not even understand what you play with occasionally.

It is so funny it has become beyond a joke with you and another.
Next you will be telling us you use hamsters with radio collars to test HUD devices.

When you have done your apprenticeship in locksmithing/Alarm Systems / CCTV and Fire then by all means make a constructive contribution.

When you have installed over 1000 Yale alarms then you too will be able to comment in Yale threads . . but not now child.

When you have installed over 1000 Yale alarms then you too will be able to comment in Yale threads . . but not now child.
Getting onto the car theme.......An accident investigation officer may have never driven or been inside a particular make and model of car but his or her knowledge, experience and skill will enable him or her to make an accurate assessment of what happened when that particular make and model of car in involved in an accident.

One makes assumptions about regulations and how they affect Police response, yet has no knowledge of the regulations in place.

Ha you actually display psychological delusional traits.

I know exactly how the ACPO rules work regarding URNs.

It works exactly like this:-

1. FALSE ALARMS
Because of the considerable amount of time expended attending false calls, the Police have formulated the following policy:
Every user having a system which produces two false calls within a period of 12 months, shall be served with a notice requiring action to be taken to prevent further false calls.
Should three such calls be received within any 12 month period, police response will be withdrawn. Response may be reinstated if remedial action has been taken to rectify the fault, or when the system has achieved three months free of false calls.
Will you therefore please ensure that those involved in the operation of your security system are familiar with its functions and are informed of the importance of avoiding its accidental operation. Also, in the event of technical faults, please inform your system maintenance company as soon as possible after the fault has become apparent.
Ensure that the maintaining Alarm Company or the Alarm Receiving Centre is informed before commencement of any building or electrical work that may affect the operation of the intruder or hold-up system.
2. KEYHOLDERS
You should provide your alarm company with at least two keyholders for your premises. These keyholders shall be trained to operate the alarm, be contactable by telephone, have adequate means of transport to attend the premises at all hours, shall have access to all relevant parts of the premises and able to attend the premises within a 20 minute period.

To clarify that . .

If you have a professional alarm installed with monitoring you will lose your police response if you have 3 false alarms within 12 months

just like I said earlier. ;)

You will also lose police response if your alarm goes off and your keyholders don't turn up within 20 minutes at any time of day or night...

You will also lose your police response if THE COMPANY that installed your alarm loses its urn status due to their whole system network having too many false alarms

The police do not guarantee attendance in the event of notification

4.5 Advertising
4.5.1 Installation Companies and ARC&#8223;s shall not use terminology which might raise, in the mind of the customer, a guaranteed or unrealistic expectation of police response to a security system

Getting onto the car theme.......An accident investigation officer may have never driven or been inside a particular make and model of car but his or her knowledge, experience and skill will enable him or her to make an accurate assessment of what happened when that particular make and model of car in involved in an accident.

lol :mrgreen:

...Getting onto the car theme.......An accident investigation officer may have never driven or been inside a particular make and model of car but his or her knowledge, experience and skill will enable him or her to make an accurate assessment of what happened when that particular make and model of car in involved in an accident.
And this means another owner-driver must not advise on tightening the nut on a juddering windscreen wiper because...?

Didn't the same thing happen to that yale guy too? What a strange co-incidence.

I bought a petrol car and it broke down. It wasn't very encouraging, so I'm just going to walk everywhere instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back