How does Yale Home Omit work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've had a Yale EF-Kit2 installed for well over a year and it's worked well however about a month ago, I found a silly offer on more PIR's - 6 to be exact for less than £30 for all 6 so I snapped them all up and finally got round to installing them yesterday along with an additional keypad.

Fast forward to today and I was re-naming + setting the upstairs ones to home omit but I don't understand how they work.

So Home-Omit means I can walk around upstairs (where the PIRs are set to Home Omit) without setting it off.
I can obviously disarm it from upstairs too having now got the extra keypad.

IF I walked downstairs whether intentionally or because the keypad upstairs stopped working, does the system then go into Burglar mode and set the alarm off?

As a test, I stood near the master panel with the additional keypad in my hand to test both out. I set home mode, after 30 seconds, it armed. As I was downstairs, I did a dance but as far as I know, nothing happened in terms of beeps/sirens. Looking at the master keypad, I could see the "Hall PIR" was activated or whatever. 5-10 seconds down the line, still no beeping etc. I quickly disarmed it just to avoid it going off ... if it would have.

So at what point does it go off? How does a guest know for instance that they have walked into a non-home omit zone thus needs to disarm (assuming they had a pin)

Or even me - how do I know I need to disarm it if there is no indication that I've in actual fact set off it's burglar mode.

Manual seems pretty useless so I thought I'd ask here :)

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
manuals are always written well.

Home/ stay usually for a zone type means its inactive when you are home ie part armed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back