yale hsa6400 faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Ive had the yale hsa6400 system for nearly 4 years now and ive never had any problems, however recently ive noticed that the control panel doesnt pick up some of my door contacts or pirs. Its really odd as there wasnt ever a issue before. It seems like the control panel has lost its range, is that possible? Ive swapped around contacts and pirs and the loss of range is still there.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
When did you change the batteries?

I once had that when steel scaffolding was erected inside the house to replaster the upper landing.

If you have a wireless router, Alexa, baby alarm, cordless phone, smart TV or something near the panel it may be interfering. Try moving the control panel away from anything electronic and do a walk test.

Apart from metal objects and wires, I hear fishtanks can block the signal. You occasionally hear of a door sensor on a plastic doorframe failing when it has inadvertently been fixed next to hidden steel corner reinforcement.

I've heard stories about radio transmitters and arc welders, but they are very rare in ordinary domestic houses in ordinary residential streets.

I have spent some time in structures of reinforced concrete, or with Tempest screening, and the steel lattice blocks signals. You notice when you go outside and your mobile phone starts buzzing with messages and missed calls.

Thanks for the reply JohnD, the batteries are new i always change them when needed. I just find it strange that the setup in my property has started playing up. Theres been no changes whatsoever.

Sponsored Links
try moving the panel.

I have used 6400 faultlessly in houses with such devices, but I hear there can be a problem if they are close.

The things that cause serious problems are not usually found in a domestic environment.

If you want to check if it is a device in your own house, you could turn off the electricity at the main switch for long enough to do a walk test.

Yes thats true but what can i do to fix this?

There are regulations that apply to equipment using Licence Exempt wireless frequencies.

If the source of the interference is compliant with those regulations then there is nothing you can do about it.
One of the requirements is that Licence Exempt equipment should be able to operate "normally" even when there is random interference from other compliant equipment.

If the source is from non compliant equipment then you can try and raise the matter with OfCom.
Start HERE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back