Yale HSA6400 Siren advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know you don't have to learn the siren in when you initially set the system up, but can it be removed afterwards? I want to remove/unlearn mine so it just phones out and my neighbours aren't disturbed. I'm trying to avoid wiping it and going back to factory settings. If this is the only way, could it be avoided by just removing the batteries in the siren and turning off the siren switch? Will the control unit still set if I do this or will it see an issue with the siren and not set correctly?

Sponsored Links
you do have to learn the siren to the control unit. Otherwise your siren might go off when your neighbour's house was burgled.

You can take the siren away, the panel will not know it has gone. This is because the siren has a radio receiver that picks up the signal from the panel, but it does not have a transmitter so it can't send messages.

IIRC you can edit the devices on your control panel, so should be able to remove it from the pane's list, but I haven't done it for several years. Have a look at the user manual. Or just take the batteries out. Or put the siren inside the house but out of reach of an intruder, for example screwed to the landing ceiling. It will make an intruder feel uncomfortable.

I know you don't have to learn the siren in when you initially set the system up, but can it be removed afterwards? I want to remove/unlearn mine so it just phones out and my neighbours aren't disturbed.
In the event of a burglary would you neighbours not be better knowing so they could either phone the police or look around your property for you?

Sponsored Links
I fitted a HSA6400 for a customer in a flat a few months ago....she was not allowed to fit the external siren...

If I remember correct, there are 4 dip switches in siren which can be used to clear memory and effectively
unlearn siren from panel.

For the money its a good little alarm although I would not fit on my property!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back