Yale ia230 siren fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I wonder if anyone can help.
I've a Yale ia230 alarm which had been working fine. I set the alarm off this morning thinking it was unset when I got up - forgot it was Good Friday and my daughter was still in bed, shes usually up first.
When I reset the system I had a fault (with the amber circle) 'out of order bx siren'.
I'm hoping it's just the batteries that are dead as I was due to change them, rather than a fault. If it is the batteries, will it cause a problem using the system before I change them, only we're due rain and snow and I can't do it in that weather!?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I would have expected a low battery indication, however not familiar with Yale and would have to check the manual.

how old is the system and how long does yale say the batteries are likely to last.

I can't remember exactly how old the system is, maybe 3 years.
I've had battery warnings for other parts, did contact, pir etc and changed them all, except the siren - batteries are on the way.
There nothing in the manual about 'out of order'.

Sponsored Links
I have changed the batteries in the siren box and no longer have the fault. I'm hoping that's what it was.
I've never heard the box beep when armed to indicate low battery power though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back