Yale Wireless Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help me !! ive had a yale wireless alarm for 18 months and its been perfect.However the other day i foolishly played around with it and now its kaput. ! Firstly the exit countdown beeps have disappeared from the CU box but instead now sound on the outside siren ! Ive been into advanced settings - entry sound etc but it still does as previously .And when i go inti programme siren on the control box i get a long shrill sound when i press the buttons.In other words it wont allow me to make any changes.
Hope ive made sense and there is some lovely person who can help me ! Thank you

Sponsored Links
Yes here is a lovely person to help you.
To restore your settings to what they were before you need to go into programming mode
then choose devices then choose the program siren menu.

You have set the confirm on so you need to go to the confirm menu and select the confirm off selection.
Also in the same programme siren menu select the entry sound off option.
You then need to go back to the adv settings menu and select then entry sound option from that menu and also the exit sould option. Turn them both on and then you will get the internals beeps you always had when setting and unsetting.

The sound you hear when you select an option in the programme siren menu is actually a confirmation tone that the setting has been applied.It is not a bleep stopping you from changing the settings.

Thank you sooo much !! Followed your instructions to the letter and now ALMOST perfect !! Only problem i have now is the moment i open the front door the alarm goes off even though i have a 30 second delay on the entry and exit .I just dont get it !! Please could you help just one more time? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Not a problem you have accidentally set your front door contact as a burglar device.
From the programming menu select devices and then edit devices.

You need to select the door contact that is your entry device usually dc01 if you have not named them but it could be dc02 depending how you learned them in your system.

Anyway whichever is your front or entry door select it with the tick button and then you will need to select 'entry' device for the correct setting (As it is your sensor will be set as a B (burglar) device hence it going off straight away.) After you have ticked entry device then just follow the instructions as each screen comes up as you tick the options. You don't have to name the device but it is useful to do so - just work your way through the settings until it comes back to the list of devices then just backspace out of the menus till it says alarm off and two beeps.

press the enter(tick) key next to the correct sensor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back