YaleHSA6400 Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all espiecially the Yale experts out there,

I have a fully working, all learnt in system, but if an alarm is triggered the outside bell/siren box is very very quiet. I have replaced all the batteries very recently.

Any ideas or prods in the right direction would be very much appreciated as i want to get it 100% as there have been a couple of nasty break ins down the road.

Thanks

Luke

Sponsored Links
Was it quiet before you replaced the batteries?

I would imagine the new batteries are the problem.
Is the siren sounding continuously or is there a rythmic interuption?

its sounding the correct alarm tone but it sounds like its 5 streets away. unfortunately im unsure if it was doing this just before the battery change but i know when i first installed it the box was loud. its prob 3 years old now. i now think that even the arm/dis-arm beep is quieter therefore pointing towards it being an actual siren fault, as when i first installed it i turned the 'beep' off as i thought my neighbours might get the hump but it seems pretty tame now...

Yaleguy3 - have you had the actual sounders fail before?

Many thanks for your reply

Sponsored Links
check that all the batteries are correctly fitted. look for spiders nests or other wildlife in the siren.

Not had a sounder fail before.

Sometimes they can dislodge from the backplate and need snapping back into place but definately not had one fail.

I would check the sounder is properly clipped secure into it's backplate and possibly try another set of batteries.

I have replaced batteries in 3yr old sirens before and they always sound just as loud as they should do.???

John D may have a point - there could be some debris in the sounder if something has been nesting or laying eggs.. if something is covering up the holes in the backplate then sound won't get out. You might want to remove the siren from the wall and check the sound holes are clear.

Ok cheers guys I'll check the sounder then try with the batteries.
Thanks for your replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back