Yawn - Not another shower question!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I know!

I am building a new shower cubicle with stud walls to 3 sides. The cubicle walls have been lined with Aquapanel down to floor level. The new ceramic shower tray fits snuggly inside the 3 walls.

The shower tray has upstands on all 4 edges.

I will silicone seal the 3 edges of the tray to the face of the Aquapanel.

Question I have is will this be ok for when I tile over the upstand lip as looking at it the tile will need to have a slight kink inwards to get over the lip. I didnt want to recess the tray into the wall as Aquapanel doesnt really lend itself to this.

Steve

Sponsored Links
If you want your bottom row of tiles kicking in at the bottom that's entirely up to you Steve. Personally I think it will look very noticeable.

Yeah wasnt keen on it thats why I asked.

What should I have done? Stopped Aquapanel above tray? Its not to late to change it.

Sponsored Links
Sink the tray into the wall so that you end up with a flat transition from the tray upstand to the wall surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back