Yay, I love global warming

Sponsored Links
That's what I thought. This afternoon, I decided to fill some gaps between paving slabs with mortar. No sooner had I finished than it started to rain. :evil:

Most people are wise this tax raising vehicle now aren't they?

it must be global warming as it's been hot. wait till it goes cold and it'll be 'weather' again..

Sponsored Links
yeah and already there talking about being careful with water,
are they FOOKING SERIOUS?????weve just come off the wettest winter in history with unprecedented flooding and there talking about a water shortage.
tis laughable.

are they FOOKING SERIOUS?????weve just come off the wettest winter in history with unprecedented flooding and there talking about a water shortage.
tis laughable.

True. We are a rainy and well watered country, yet we seem to regularly suffer from droughts and water shortages.

Despite advances in technology, leaves falling on our railway lines cause trains to grind to a halt.

Then when it snows, our roads are impassable.

Can we get anything right?

This leaf business came about from building lighter trains, makes sense for energy efficiency, but the old clunkers would roll straight over leaf matter.
Solve one problem, create another one :unsure:

Kinda makes you wonder why people like yourself bother living in the UK.

Your incessant whining would put old Vic Meldrew to shame yet you choose to live in a country that you seem to vehemently dislike.

Trés odd?

Kinda makes you wonder why people like yourself bother living in the UK.

Your incessant whining would put old Vic Meldrew to shame yet you choose to live in a country that you seem to vehemently dislike.

Trés odd?

Believe it or not, I used to be proud to be British. Now, this country is not the country I once knew.

Yes, there is still much that I still like about it, but I believe the writing is on the wall. If I were younger, or if I had any children, I would certainly be off to better climes.

But isn't this a discussion forum? If there are things that need complaining about, shouldn't we complain about them? Or perhaps we should just keep quiet like good little plebs and accept the inevitable.

tis laughable.

True. We are a rainy and well watered country, yet we seem to regularly suffer from droughts and water shortages.

Despite advances in technology, leaves falling on our railway lines cause trains to grind to a halt.

You forgot the wobbly railway lines when the sun comes out.

tis laughable.

You forgot the wobbly railway lines when the sun comes out.

Really? I didn't know about them. I almost never travel by train.

When it gets really hot, the rails expand lengthways, and buckle.

Oh, and BTW Aron, you've done it now - it's persisting down!

Still, it's "good for the garden!" :mrgreen:

You have to admit the rains fairly warm this morning though freddy.

Sponsored Links
Back