Yay, I love global warming

Your thanks count is approx. 5 per cent of your total of posts. Mine is approx. 9 per cent.

Those averages would only work if the thanks button had been here from the start and noseall didnt have nearly 2 yrs worth of posting before you joined.

See; I said it was meaningless, but he would insist on trying to use his thanks count in the vain hope of proving that people on here actually take his utterings seriously. :LOL:

Also, I quoted percentages not averages.

When did the thanks button appear?

Sponsored Links
but he would insist on trying to use his thanks count in the vain hope of proving that people on here actually take his utterings seriously. :LOL:
All I did was show that your remark was incorrect by saying people have thanked me over a thousand times for useful posts.
What you then did was turn it into an embarrassing self-gratification project.

And you have the gall to label me narcissistic. :rolleyes:

What you then did was turn it into an embarrassing self-gratification project.

I had no intention of embarrassing you. I hope you aren't too embarrassed.

but he would insist on trying to use his thanks count in the vain hope of proving that people on here actually take his utterings seriously. :LOL:
And you have the gall to label me narcissistic. :rolleyes:

If you look again at my sentence above that you quoted, you will notice that it has a :LOL: at the end. It means that it wasn't meant to be serious - ie. it was a tongue-in-cheek remark.

My humour obviously went straight over your head. :rolleyes: (You can take the rolling eyes emoticon after this sentence to denote criticism)

Sponsored Links
it was a classic case of 'oneupmanship' performed with blatant 'blowing of one's own trumpet' Shocking in it's entirety lacking any sign of sneakiness or style. I was here first syndrome or the dominant cock crap played a part. Conclusion, Who cares

utter rot. we make no difference. The Sun is the biggest factor.
Recently shown to be false
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/12/131222161813.htm

Did you know one eruption from Krakatoa put out more co2 than all the humans in history.
No. And even if it did, the sulphur that it also emitted would have countered the effect when it was spewed into the upper atmosphere.
Also, note this graph:

co2-levels-800000-bp-to-2010-e1269677933548.jpg

The largest volcanic eruption to affect the human species was between 69,000 and 77,000 years ago (Toba catastrophe).

1000s of times greater than Krakatoa (and look at its impact on CO2 on the graph), but Krakatoa shows us:
Kent adds that the famous Krakatoa eruption in 1883 occurred before regular measurements of atmospheric CO2, which began in 1958. But ice core data from that time show no detectable perturbation of atmospheric carbon dioxide.
http://www.futurity.org/big-volcanoes-doubled-co2-level/
And yet temperatures lowered by about 1.2C.

Anthropogenic CO2 in 2010 (projected) - 35.0Gt/yr
http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/hazards/gas/climate.php
Further, the Santorini blast made that look tiny. With all the eruptions worldwide each year do we make a difference ? Those who want us to buy hybrid cars ,solar panels and any product associated with global warming that prey on peoples worries. Also one day our oil based economy will cease and weaning soft minds out of thinking a car is a automatic item is essential now.
Global volcanic emissions (highest preferred estimate) - 0.26Gt/yr

Anthropogenic CO2 in 2010 (projected) - 35.0Gt/yr
http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/hazards/gas/climate.php

And here is another nice picture for you:
planes_volcanos.png

But coal is the thing we need to wean ourselves off the most, and that means going nuclear.

ETA: And here:
Thus volcanoes have not caused the long-term global warming over the past century, and can explain only a small fraction of the warming over the past 25 years.
http://www.skepticalscience.com/coming-out-of-ice-age-volcanoes.htm

We're doomed! We're doomed, I tell you!

Am I bothered?

Mind you, I suspect that a lot of people are getting very rich on the back of this 'global warming' thing.

I just find it amusing that everyone who disagrees with me about CO2 (I don't think it matters), all have much bigger co2 footprints than me.

No difference , can't have one without other. Cause , certainly human influence would make no difference whatsoever. Weather records go from a micro time period in the Earth life. Geology proves conclusively that this planet has been thru many climate changes . The Earth on it's wobbly axis where the magnetic poles can move combined with a Sun that can dish out varying amounts of energy can all be plausible. Those who promote humans for this so called 'warming up' are easy meat for the money makers behind this phooey

No CO2 does cause warming, it is accepted as almost fact that it could cause another 1-2 degrees warming.

The questionable bit comes with all the more severe predictions based upon secondary factors, no ones going to worry about 1-2 degrees.

Hmmm, well you personally would feel very ill if your body temp went up 2 degrees.

No difference , can't have one without other. Cause , certainly human influence would make no difference whatsoever. Weather records go from a micro time period in the Earth life. Geology proves conclusively that this planet has been thru many climate changes . The Earth on it's wobbly axis where the magnetic poles can move combined with a Sun that can dish out varying amounts of energy can all be plausible. Those who promote humans for this so called 'warming up' are easy meat for the money makers behind this phooey

No CO2 does cause warming, it is accepted as almost fact that it could cause another 1-2 degrees warming.

The questionable bit comes with all the more severe predictions based upon secondary factors, no ones going to worry about 1-2 degrees.

Hmmm, well you personally would feel very ill if your body temp went up 2 degrees.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

An annual fall in temps of 2-3 deg on this island would bring back glaciers to Scotland. Regarding CO2 it appears that my statement about volcanic eruptions went completely over the head. One should always read the book before speaking. Also for your information the great spud famine in Ireland was caused by an eruption of Krakatoa. These natural events cause more damage to the eco system than we ever can. Dinosaurs the most successful creature to live on the planet died. Reptiles need heat . Magnetism in rocks proves polar drift. Anyone who believes human are to blame for climate change/global warming really are very easily lead.

An annual fall in temps of 2-3 deg on this island would bring back glaciers to Scotland. Regarding CO2 it appears that my statement about volcanic eruptions went completely over the head. One should always read the book before speaking. Also for your information the great spud famine in Ireland was caused by an eruption of Krakatoa. These natural events cause more damage to the eco system than we ever can. Dinosaurs the most successful creature to live on the planet died. Reptiles need heat . Magnetism in rocks proves polar drift. Anyone who believes human are to blame for climate change/global warming really are very easily lead.

If you burn nearly half the oil that the earth has created over billions of years in a few hundred years then how can you expect that not to have some effect?
How long will coal last? Again created over billions of years and yet some sources state about 150 years left at current consumption levels.
I don't see the animals doing any burning! Take a look in the mirror and you'll see the culprit.

If you ever visit Ireland don't make any mention of a volcano causing the patato famine as your likely to have your head ripped off. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back