Yellow Lines

For once, they seem to have it right round my area. You can’t park on yellow lines but parking bays everywhere. You still need a ticket but the first 30 mins are free (you have to pay a reasonable price after this if staying longer) and they don’t ticket you until 10 mins after the expiry of any ticket, so effectively 40 mins free parking. Definately helped local small shops and business's.

Sponsored Links
I think councils have it wrong. In other countries they focus their effort on making it convenient and pleasant to visit, so that you keep coming. Here we look for chances to hit people with penalty charges.

I blame old people for living too long and costing the council so much money.

I think the council have this all wrong.
In a time when the high Street is suffering, I think the need to give drivers 20 - 30 mins, to go buy a frock or a coffee. It would go some way to help the survival of the high Street.

I've stopped going into the nearest town altogether because of the issues with parking. There aren't enough pay and display spaces and there's very few parking bays on the road, that offer I think 1 hour with no return for 2 hours.

You could look at it from a reduction in emissions but it's only the high street which then suffers as a result of few people in town.

There was one great big carpark which has now been used to build new council offices on. Probably a new department for fines and charges.

Sponsored Links
You look at all the town car parks being rammed as a barometer for people not using the town? Baffling.
Got the same problem on my High St. Quite a lot of shops but just a handful of spaces - they're nearly all residents parking only. I avoid shopping but occasionally have to go pick stuff up and can end up going around the streets several times, just waiting for someone to leave.

I don't see the point of yellow lines in said area. If they were parking bays they would not clog the ft oaf up.

We also have first hour free on the smaller centres and parks and it work well.

I agree with the principle but I've never known a woman to buy a frock in 30 mins. LOL
Is that not
A.anti women,hate crime for suggesting they must wear frock and not trousers.
B.transgender hate comment for suggesting trans cannot wear frock
C.anti men for suggesting they cannot wear frock.
Women hate crime for casting aspersions on their time management ability.jeeez . The offence!!!

Is that not
A.anti women,hate crime for suggesting they must wear frock and not trousers.
B.transgender hate comment for suggesting trans cannot wear frock
C.anti men for suggesting they cannot wear frock.
Women hate crime for casting aspersions on their time management ability.jeeez . The offence!!!

It's actually a statement of fact your honour. If you can show me evidence to the contrary I am willing to rescind my statement your Lordship. :D

It's actually a statement of fact your honour. If you can show me evidence to the contrary I am willing to rescind my statement your Lordship. :D

Connie. Are you a Frock or a Blouse person.. ?

Men are as bad. When younger and looking for a new shirt I'd alway find one I really liked but could not afford.
I'd the walk around the shops for 5 hours before buying that very shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I met a fella in a Sydney hospital whos
Curiosity and copious amounts of booze led him to drink Drain cleaner. If I were to choose I'd go for the cat food.

Lacked seasoning.

Sponsored Links
Back