yesterday's DIYNOT

I

imamartian

ok..it's 500yrs ago, or 5000 years ago (or whatever, history is not a strongpoint), but DIYNOT still gets as many post as today... give us a few examples of what might be posted.......

for example...

"Hi, i'm building a stone circle, any ideas how to lift the huge blocks of granite on to their ends... they are only for a wedding, so don't need to last!"

"the wife wants an extension to our cave.... what's the best metal to use to cut the rock away with?... copper or tin?"

"I fancy one of those huge pictograms things in the garden... the bloke down the parish has done a huge horse, but i fancy doing a big bloke holding a club with his kn*b out... any ideas what paint to use so it stays white for 3 or 4 thousand years?"

"we were invaded again the other day, vikings this time i believe - bloody nuisance, they take all the food, all the animals, and all the women.. shouldn't we invent id cards to prevent this?"

have i missed any?

Sponsored Links
my moat is about 12 foot wide, but in places, reaches about 15ft... should i get the BCO out to review it?

what's the best way to insulate my cave? made of granite... with a small damp problem.... but it get's very cold at night...

what's the best way to insulate my cave? made of granite... with a small damp problem.... but it get's very cold at night...

this problem was asked recently and fully depends on the wild animals in your area and how big there pelts or skins are and wether couckcoo spit is avalable

Sponsored Links
"I fancy one of those huge pictograms things in the garden... the bloke down the parish has done a huge horse, but i fancy doing a big bloke holding a club with his kn*b out... any ideas what paint to use so it stays white for 3 or 4 thousand years?"

Can you advise me how to destroy my neighbour's chalk picture? I didn't mind his first one, but the man clearly has no taste.

HomerChalk.gif

The photo above shows a sacred symbol of elemental masculinity, and next to it on the right is the Cerne Abbas giant chalk figure.

johnD i feel abused... surely that's not a 'real' ancient artifact?

I've invented this round thing not sure what to call it yet but i've trained my pet terydactyl (Terry for short)to run on top of it.

My question is if i spin this round thing in the opposite direction as fast as Terry is running will he be able to take off?

I'm also writing this book for fire makers and am thinking of calling it the 1st edition Rocks book, do you think it's a good idea?
Barney says he'll write a guide to go along with it and may do it in several parts A,B,C etc, although I don't think he'll have enough material to get past Part P?

I've just come back from the neighbouring caves where the latest craze, is called musik? you stand around hopping on one leg then the other beating two bones together and then chuck stones at William the Loin cloth washer, Barney came up with a great name for this new crazy musik, he's called it RockaBilly!

Barney's young son Bam Bam is also an inventor and has come up with this great invention for capturing dinosaurs, its made out of twisted vines which are stretched across the ravine, then you gather all the cavemen together who make lots of noise which frightens the dinosaurs into running into the vines where they get caught, He asked me if I could think of a name for his invention and i thought of Inta-net, do you think this is a good name for it?

I fancy extending the back of my cave, erm, backwards.

I want to avoid getting ripped off like you on "Rock Traders", so can anyone tell me how much it ought to cost?

Also, I have a damp patch at the gaping hole in the mountain that I call home, which I always thought was caused by the tears of Thor. Ug has told me that I have rising damp, and that this can be fixed by injecting snake-oil into the ground. Does injection ever work, or am I about to waste half of my goats?

I'm not sure whether this should go here or in the Medicine Man section?

The problem is i've not been sleeping very well these last couple of days due to the wife having had a stinking cold and being all blocked up, the snorings terrible, worse than a T-Rex!

Anyway i've been trying an old family remedy where i've made her a necklace consisting of beads of Brontosaurus Dung which she has been wearing in bed to help her breath easier

unfortunately it doesn't seem to have had much effect and I mentioned this in passing to my next door neighbour Victor who suggested a remedy.

Basically you take a load of dead snakes and put them into the cooking pot and boil them down till you get a sticky residue which you rub into the skin.

My question is, do you think i should continue using the tried and tested family method of bronto dung or should I use Vicks Viper Rub?

Was thinking about adding a few torches to the rock garden..

Is it Part P notifiable, or should I just say I did it before 2005BC ?

Sponsored Links
Back