Yet another Accenta G4 question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have installed my first Accenta G4 panel with RKP.
Everything so far works fine, except for one thing.....
When I trigger the PA button upstairs (or action SOS buttons on KP), the system goes into full alarm with strobe but no bell on outside bell box.
The bell works in all other instances and there is no delay programmed on the bell itself. Been through the manual several times to see if I have missed anything but cannot see anything obvious.
Bell tests out ok in test mode as expected.
Any ideas?
HH....

Sponsored Links
Either ....
0AAED222-81B5-4C6C-99CE-2A2D83E9ADAE.png

Or ....it’s wired incorrect
Or ....it’s faulty
Not the best of alarms anymore since it’s made in China ....and stems from the 1980s

Thanks Sparky,
I am pretty sure Flag 1 is set to OFF but will recheck (I recall trying it in both options but then I was also wrestling with a couple of other problems at the time which I sorted out due to ambiguous wording of the engineering manual which is quite frankly, crap). I have taken a break from it and will get a good nights sleep before tackling it tomorrow. The wiring is correct as that was one of the first things I checked, plus it’s working fine for all other alarms, including the fire input which has a function to select bell on/off. Ironically, years ago I used to work for Honeywell on their fire alarm systems in a past life. Yeah, the quality of the panel isn’t to the old Honeywell standards, but then I left to go into a new career just before the company was split up and chunks of it sold off in 1999, so it’s not really the old HW brick s-house stuff of past. They were a good company to work for back then with a great fs pension.... Back in those days you could virtually fry a card and the damn thing would still run!
Cheers,
HH...

Sponsored Links
Ok, programmed correctly. Found reason. Tested panel outputs, all ok. It was working but.... I discovered this morning it was activating but by the time I had gone to front of house the listen for external bell, it wasn’t sounding (local RKP alarm was drowning out sound of external bell from panel position). Discovered that the external bell was in fact coming on but it would stop after about 5 sec. Of course when I was carrying out bell test from panel etc, you didn’t get the RKP alarm sounding with it so you could hear external siren coming on. In fire mode, external bell pulses for 2 sec on, off, so would run like that all day.
Of course many reading this will have guessed what the problem was, but I am writing this for the benefit of those that can’t, guess who forgot to take the bell test-link off in the bell box? (which means it silences after 5 sec)....Doh!!!

Lol not the first to leave it on .... been to jobs that have been in for 20 years and the previous installer has left the test link on .....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back