Yet another boiler problem - constantly igniting even though it's lit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Sorry another boiler related question.

I have a 25+ year old Potterton Prima F something (the label rubbed off long ago). It's generally been reliable but has recently started to play up. It's constantly trying to ignite even though the boiler is lit and functioning otherwise normally. Just so I'm better informed when an engineer is called, is this likely a reparable issue or should I prepared myself for the inevitable?

Many thanks, Adam.

Sponsored Links
you mean you can hear it constantly sparking . worst case scenario board . other than that lead or electrode and check pilot shroud hasnt moved (they fall apart) and pilot injector clean

Thanks!

Yes, it seems to be constantly cycling, trying to light. You hear the clunk of the starter and a puff of flame in the viewing hole.

I'm not sure there's much of a board in there. It only has a dial to control water temp and no other buttons/display. I'll see if I can find an online manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back