yet another levelling question . . . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
its a 40 year old screed floor and I'm aiming to float a bamboo floor over it . .

I hired a concrete planer and have removed the highest points in the screed. Note to self, when grinding concrete tape up any gaps around doors to rest of house - ask me how I know . . . :)

I'm still going to have to use levelling compound though as it's not level enough - and here's my question . . .

how do I know how thick to lay the compound on one side of a room when the point I'm trying to get it level with is 5 metres away? OK, so I get a long straight edge - but then how do I mark the floor to indicate how high the compound should be? I thought about banging masonary nails into the floor to the correct height, or is this unwise?

plus: how do I do the whole room when the only way in/out is through that room? or does it not have to be done in one go?

THANKS!

Sponsored Links
I've drilled, plugged and screws to set levels before, more adjustable but that was levelling for floor tiles.

thats a far better idea marshman - thanks! anyone forsee any problems doing this?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back