Yet another localised breakout but hey, let’s not say anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is because the areas that have apparently been hit worst are areas of deprivation...

Areas where the density of housing is greatest and thus less chance of isolation...

But maybe you could tell us why there are countries which have higher populations of 'certain cultures' but have lower rates of infection?

I have had the misfortune to have had to do some work over the last few weeks in Oldham, Rochdale, and the holes around there, and I can confirm that social distance is not being closely followed. It's business as usual, from what I've witnessed.

One particular instance on Monday was the bloke who just stopped his car in the middle of the road, to hold a shouted conversation with some friends ( a group of adult males hanging around outside some shops). No regard for anyone else, none of them.

Sponsored Links
I have had the misfortune to have had to do some work over the last few weeks in Oldham, Rochdale, and the holes around there, and I can confirm that social distance is not being closely followed. It's business as usual, from what I've witnessed.

One particular instance on Monday was the bloke who just stopped his car in the middle of the road, to hold a shouted conversation with some friends ( a group of adult males hanging around outside some shops). No regard for anyone else, none of them.

Complacency takes over quickly......although ignorance and stupidity are factors.

I have to say, by and large it's not been too bad here, the social distancing that is.

Sponsored Links
Just got back from Pets at home, buying a catflap and saw the customer at the till before me have a coughing fit, without covering her mouth.
I think it's safe to say the message just hasn't hit home for some.

Can’t be me, I have a wife, not a 'partner'.
I refer to a 'partner' because it is an indication of equality...

'Wife' isn't...

Did yours take your surname when you got married?

I refer to a 'partner' because it is an indication of equality...

'Wife' isn't...

Did yours take your surname when you got married?
Ah, what a thoroughly metrosexual man you are. Yes, of course she took my surname and we are still equals. Did yours take your surname?

Last edited:
Ah, what a thoroughly metrosexual man you are. Yes, of course she took my surname and we are still equals. Did yours take your surname?
Ah, so you are carrying on the tradition of when a woman was regarded as a 'chattle' when getting married...

More enlightened nations have used the system of patronymics and maintaining names.

And since the subject of 'bastards' was recently raised, the latter system reduces or eliminates the stigma of being born 'out of wedlock'.

Anything that reduces prejudice is a good thing wouldn't you agree?

There are other benefits too.

Have you ever tried to trace your family tree, and if so how far back did you get?

Edit: no name change

Last edited:
Ah, so you are carrying on the tradition of when a woman was regarded as a 'chattle' when getting married...

More enlightened nations have used the system of patronymics and maintaining names.

And since the subject of 'bastards' was recently raised, the latter system reduces or eliminates the stigma of being born 'out of wedlock'.

Anything that reduces prejudice is a good thing wouldn't you agree?

There are other benefits too.

Have you ever tried to trace your family tree, and if so how far back did you get?

Edit: no name change
I seem to remember your wife was either Spanish or Italian? Isn't it tradition NOT to take the surname in those counties? In fact, I think some countries it's illegal. My brothers wife is Spanish, she never took on his name.

I wouldn't take a mans surname if I got married. I'm not married, no intention of ever being so, just happily living in sin.

refer to a 'partner' because it is an indication of equality...

'Wife' isn't...
Complete bolox..Why do you feel the need to show the world you think your wife an equal??Trying to convince yourself?The word wife has no bearing on equality.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think most women feel that way.

how a woman is treated has nothing to do with the ceremony and everything to do with the individual characters

the only thing I hate about marriage is the stupid amount of money people spend on one day -I always wonder if the length a marriage lasts is inertly proportional to the money spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back