Yet another question re cost of soffits & fascias

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd really appreciate an estimate of what I might expect to have to pay for the below or - if it's easier - an idea of how many man-days and a daily rate. The 'ground floor' work is almost DIY, but I'd like a decent job done :)

Leicester area (LE10) - detached house with large area of flat roof on two sides meaning all but front and side (total 18m) is not "at height" work.

Approx 37m of fascias, soffits & guttering of which only 18m "at height".
Approx 41m of fascias and soffits only, of which all is "ground floor".

2 full height downpipes, 3 half-height downpipes (from flat roof).

I know material cost is almost the smallest part of the job, but fascias are about 200mm and soffits very narrow at around 75mm. I'd like black uPVC for cosmetic reasons.

I also know there's a huge debate about capping vs. replacing, but all of the woodwork on the old part of the house (a 10m square) is sound as a pound (a 10m square) and will not benefit from being torn off and replaced, whereas much of the newer woodwork (all at 'ground floor') was bloody plywood and has delaminated. So it's capping the sound timber (which is all the 'at height' work) and replacing the rest.

I'm on a fixed income (pension) and need the work done so I can sell and move somewhere smaller.

Thanks very much and any recommendations for contractors gratefully received (if that's permitted)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back