You are in the top 9%

Sponsored Links
I agree, the true positive/negative impact longer term will take a generation to be known. It's the same for any truly significant change within a country. Shorter term there are winners and losers, longer term no one yet knows if Brexit has been a good thing, which in itself is subjective.

Shorter term, if we had another UK that didn't leave the EU (in a parallel universe) with a number of metrics to compare against the post-Brexit UK, that would tell us whether this has all been largely positive/negative to date.

This is what concerns me about Scottish independence. If it happens and longer term it transpires to have been a good thing for Scotland, all good. However, if it takes 20+ years to get there with challenges along the way (perhaps some significant ones) that means I'll be living my golden years in a country that's potentially less prosperous etc than it currently is.

Shorter term, if we had another UK that didn't leave the EU (in a parallel universe) with a number of metrics to compare against the post-Brexit UK, that would tell us whether this has all been largely positive/negative to date.

Luckily, we have 27 other European countries to compare ourselves with, some of similar size, development and industrislisation.

How has UK been doing recently?

Sponsored Links
yep we are all poverty stricken now and our day to day lives have changed immeasurably since brexit .
All those on here moaning 24/7 must have lost their jobs to give them the time to be constantly on here bleating

Luckily, we have 27 other European countries to compare ourselves with, some of similar size, development and industrislisation.

How has UK been doing recently?
In the context of my post, how the other 27 are doing is almost irrelevant. If we want to (truly, accurately) know how the UK would have fared had it remained, the only way to know this is to assess a parallel universe EU member UK that never left, with all other variables remaining the same.

This is why these discussions become cyclical, there's no definitive way to conclude one way or the other.

yep we are all poverty stricken now and our day to day lives have changed immeasurably since brexit .
All those on here moaning 24/7 must have lost their jobs to give them the time to be constantly on here bleating
Or conversely

Has anything improved ? If not, what was the point of it ?

If Britain had voted to remain, would things really be any different than they are now.
Would the pandemic not have occurred or the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Yes and you know that for a fact - for so many traders whose businesses have been ruined for no benefit other than to rig an election win on the back of misplaced nationalism - also you forgot about we can't get enough chemicals to clean our water so it goes straight into the rivers.

Dumb Brexxers - time you owned up.

In the context of my post, how the other 27 are doing is almost irrelevant. If we want to (truly, accurately) know how the UK would have fared had it remained, the only way to know this is to assess a parallel universe EU member UK that never left, with all other variables remaining the same.

This is why these discussions become cyclical, there's no definitive way to conclude one way or the other.

That's pure rubbish - just look at how trade with the EU has become more difficult.

No it's not, why do you persist with the lie - are you that obtuse you cannot see what's happening.

I can see that its only been 6 years. Thats nowt in time my friend. You cant expect calm waters straight away!

That's pure rubbish - just look at how trade with the EU has become more difficult.

Just look how all the world is suffering economically. Nothing to do with brexit my friend.

Still you miss my point. It's impossible to say with any certainty how the UK would have fared over recent years had it remained in the EU ... because it's an unknown. Yes you can assert things based on other EU countries, however it still doesn't mean you can assert anything UK wise as fact. You can't, I can't, no one can.

Sponsored Links
Back