YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED

S

Shutpa

Usually when I log go onto to the internet, there is a double monitor icon in the bottom task bar (?) showing what looks like 2 or 3 blue balloons. Lately however, the balloons have not appeared and there is instead, the little red x that usually indicate that I am not connected. If I sit the cursor arrow over the icon, I get the message - "Not Connected. You are currently not connected to any networks"

Clearly I am connected, but does it matter that the icon remains with the red x showing :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
My bet is, if you right click that icon, then open network connections, you will then see2 identical icons.
One open, the other one closed, ignore it.

Bolo,
How are you connected to the internet, wired or wirelessly?
What is your OS, XP or Vista?

If XP, and wireless with a USB Wireless Adaptor, go to Control Panel -> Network & Internet Connections -> Network Connections.
Look for the icon with a red cross on it and right click it and select Disable.
It will probably be labelled Local Area Connection and is just the LAN card in your computer that is not in use.
dave

Bolo,
How are you connected to the internet, wired or wirelessly? DONT KNOW!
What is your OS, XP or Vista? VISTA

If XP, and wireless with a USB Wireless Adaptor, go to Control Panel -> Network & Internet Connections -> Network Connections.
Look for the icon with a red cross on it and right click it and select Disable.
It will probably be labelled Local Area Connection and is just the LAN card in your computer that is not in use.
dave
Sorry, I'm not much help.

Sponsored Links
If you open your control panel from the start menu, open network and sharing centre it should show you there how you are connected to the internet.
If you click manage network connections on the left hand side it should show you all the available network connections.

Spark123";p="992452 said:
If you open your control panel from the start menu, open network and sharing centre (This tells me I am not connected to any network when in fact I am!) it should show you there how you are connected to the internet.
If you click manage network connections on the left hand side it should show you all the available network connections.(This tells me I am connected via Zoom modem! No alternatives are shown.)[/quote]

Thanks Spark, I think I followed your instructions but cant understand why network and sharing tells me I am not connected but managing tells me (correctly) that I am.

Back