wireless connectivity "as and when"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a netgear wireless router DG834G have had it for years, no problems until a couple of months ago, I sometimes have to click on the internet icon 10 or more times to connect if I am lucky.
I have checked the main power light is on,solid green
The ADSL light is solid green indicating a link
The third light, wireless link is lit and blinking green

I have to unplug the power lead and wait for 10 seconds, also unplug the ADSL lead to the filter, then it connects until the next time I try to go online, then I have to go through it all again?

I have contacted my ISP and they check their end and tell me all is well and to contact Netgear.

Could this be the ADSL filter or maybe the router is on its last legs,
there are no digital appliances near the router.

Any advice would be truly appreciated.

semi-acoustic

Sponsored Links
To clarify is this just a wireless problem i.e. a cable connection to the router get Internet no problem ?

Your problem isn't clear, are you having issues connecting the PC to the router wirelessly?
If you connect with a lead does it work?
I'd be tempted to try pressing the little button on the back of the router and setting it up from fresh.

The adsl filter is fine, because you can get a connection eventually. With you being able to access the internet via the router the connection between your ISP will also be ok.

What are you using to connect to the internet, a laptop or desktop? and what ISP are you connecting too.

If your connecting to router via a desktop pc are you using a pc wireless pen(netgear)?

Sponsored Links
Hi all
Sorry for the late reply, I have a netgear wireless router connected to a desktop with vista, I have unfortunately changed the channel from 11 to 13 on the netgear settings page and cannot access it again or go online, please any advice would be truly appreciated.

semi-acoustic

I have unfortunately changed the channel from 11 to 13 on the netgear settings page and cannot access it again or go online

If this is just a wireless problem i.e. you can access the internet via a cable connection to the router then I suspect you are running USA wireless card drivers....the USA is only allowed to use channels 1 to 11. Does channel 12 work ?

Hi all

Managed to get online via an ethernet cable plugged into the router and pc was then able to access wireless settings and reverted back to channel 11, disconnected ether cable and can now all nis well.

Thanks all for your time and patience.

semi-acoustic

European drivers will let you use all 13 channels. :)

The only other thing to watch out for is 802.11d world mode....if enabled this could also be causing your problem. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back