Young Woman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A young woman in Liverpool was so depressed that she decided to end
her life by throwing herself into the Mersey. She went down to the docks and was about to leap into the freezing water, when a handsome young sailor saw her tottering on the edge of the pier, crying.
He took pity on her and said, "Look, you have so much to live for,
I'm off to America in the morning, and if you like, I can stow you away
on my ship. I'll take good care of you and bring you food every day".
Moving closer, he slipped his arm round her shoulder and added,
"I'll keep you happy, and you'll keep me happy"
Perhaps a fresh start in America would give her life new meaning.
That night, the sailor brought her aboard and hid her in a lifeboat. From
then on, every night he brought her three sandwiches and a piece of
fruit, and they made love until dawn.
Two weeks later, during a routine inspection, she was discovered by
the captain. "What are you doing here?" asked the captain.
"I have an arrangement with one of the sailors," she explained.
"I get food and a trip to America, and he's screwing me"
"He certainly is," said the captain. "This is the Birkenhead Ferry" :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Another old one:

Q. Why does the Mersey run through Liverpool?

A. Coz if it walked it would get mugged. :LOL: :eek: :D

"In my Liverpool home,
in my Liverpool home!
We speak with an accent exceedingly rare,
meet under a statue exceedingly bare,
and if you want a cathedral,
we've got one to spare,
in my Liverpool home."

I'm a scouser and PROUD of it! :LOL:

be proud if you like, but remember in everyday english language 's' is pronounce 'ess' not 'sshh' ;)

Sponsored Links
conny you have every right to be a proud scouser, dont let anyone convince you otherwise, after all its not your fault :D

And, it's nothing to be proud of. It's not like it an achievement. You can't do anything about where you were born. Pleased, happy, or to be (from a place) I can understand but not proud.

Must say though conny I went to Liverpool last year for the beatles weekend combined with a stag weekend and the place is amazing,night life fantastic,pubs bars restaurants and the people .

We visited the Albert dock,cathedrals, bluecoat chambers ....but I want to visit the willliams tunnels after reading about it but never got there due to a PEEHEAD party....

It was not only me who thought this but the whole group 28 and quite a few going again this year but not me due to work reasons(lack of it) ...and for anybody who has not been GO for it and even better when the beatles weekend is on....forget about all the 70,s jokes ...

And, it's nothing to be proud of. It's not like it an achievement. You can't do anything about where you were born. Pleased, happy, or to be (from a place) I can understand but not proud.

coming from scotland i dont blame your outlook on it ;)

coming from scotland i dont blame your outlook on it ;)

I'm happy to be Scottish, not proud because being born where you are born is not something to be proud of. Like I said, it's not an achievement. :)

So you have no pride in the fact you are from Scotland but you are happy about it? How sad.

If, were you come from is a vibrant city full of culture, innovation, historical achievments, progressive, and is renowned throughout every corner of the world because of what it and its residents have given to the world why shouldn't you be proud of the fact that you were born and raised there?

It seems to me that you, along with a great many other people, form your opinions of a place, person, area etc by what you read in the media.

I have been to areas in Scotland, (Fort William, Oban and the surrounding areas), and found the people to be warm, friendly and very accommodating. So based on that I should assume all Scots people are the same.
However, if I based my opinion on what I read/heard in the media about the street fighting in Glasgow, the poverty in Edinburgh and the race issues in, say Falkirk, should I be of the opinion that Scotland in general is not a place to visit?

I sometimes get sick of people knocking Liverpool but most of the time it doesn't bother me because one thing a scouser is, is resilient. We can take the knocks and the skits, (look at Trazors post regarding being the greenest city. I knew there would be a punchline and I laughed at it! I thought it was good and will probably send it off in an email), but as well as taking the knocks we can give as good as we get.
Don't knock someone/somewhere until you have visited and spent some time there. A number of years ago a suburb of Liverpool, Kirkby, had a reputation to equal modern day Moss Side. It was virtually a no-go area.
That suburb is now one of the most pleasant, cleanest areas of the north west and I have no qualms about going there to visit my son yet if you mention to some people where he lives they literally shudder ! Because they haven't took the trouble to find out what it is like now, their perceptions are based on out dated information and old media reports.

Proud to be a scouser?

YES I BL O ODY WELL AM!

YES I BL O ODY WELL AM!
Calm down Calm down!

scousers.jpg

Scotlands a great place to be,everyone should be proud of where they come from.The people in Glasgow and Liverpool have so much in common and get on great. The only difference is you all talk funny and we dont :D

Just to clarify the meaning of the word.

Proud:
adjective
1. feeling pleasure or satisfaction over something regarded as highly honorable or creditable to oneself (often fol. by of, an infinitive, or a clause).
2. having, proceeding from, or showing a high opinion of one's own dignity, importance, or superiority.
3. having or showing self-respect or self-esteem.
4. highly gratifying to the feelings or self-esteem: It was a proud day for him when his son entered college.
5. highly honorable or creditable: a proud achievement.

i work with a glaswegian and a scouser....and can i understand either of them when they start ranting?

Can i heck!

One talks so fast he spits everywhere
The other just sounds like a bike tyre being let down.

Sponsored Links
Back