Young Woman

Sponsored Links
Conny is passionate about Liverpool, and quite rightly too, I am not a scouser as I live about 12 miles from the city.
Liverpool is a much maligned city, every place has it's bad points, but in Liverpool the good far outweigh the bad.
The people of Liverpool are some of the friendliest you could ever wish to meet, they don't put on airs and graces..what you see is what you get, true friends.
The city of Liverpool, have some of the best buildings you will ever see out side of London, St Georges Hall, the Walker art Gallery, Bluecoats chambers, they also have one of the finest orchestra's in the country...The Liverpool Philharmonic, who own, their own art deco concert hall...worth a visit, there are also several first rate theatres staging shows and performances to suit most tastes.
Two magnificent Cathedrals, the Maritime museum at Albert dock, there is more than enough to keep a visitor happy.
Don't knock it, till you have come and seen for yourself.

Wotan

Thank you Wotan. :LOL:

Regarding the architecture, it is not just the well known buildings that appeal to a lot of people. You have merely skimmed the surface of what we have to offer the world.
We still have some of the finest Victorian, Edwardian and Georgian homes in the country. A lot of them were left to disintergrate and some were demolished but quite a few have been restored to their original splendour and magnificence. At the back of the Philharmonic is Catherine street/Princess Rd/Brunswick St etc, areas which were very rundown and inhabited by a lot of immigrants, mainly black Africans, Jamaicans, Indians etc. Prostitution, drug dealing, violent crime and race riots were the norm. That area has been transformed, there is still a lot of improvements to be made but all the derelict houses are being upgraded to their former glory, houses once owned by rich cotton merchants, bankers, doctors and shipping magnates, now owned by local resident co-operatives or housing associations intent on restoring the area to its prestigous setting.

Some of the buildings you have mentioned have also been used as 'film sets' for well known period dramas and as you say, the 'Phil' has long been used by schools to introduce children of all ages to the beauty of classical music and also classical 'pop'.

I could go on and on but most will probably be bored so I will shut up. :LOL: :LOL:
Yes, I am proud to be a scouser and I have every right to be. ;)

Mr Tim, can you spot me in the middle?
i'm the one with the 'tash! :LOL:

Yes, I have only scratched the surface of what Liverpool has to offer.
I forgot to mention, the finest timber framed building in the country, dating back to Tudor times...Speke hall..
Liverpool also boasts one of the most impressive waterfronts of any city, the Magnificent Canada building and also the Liver building, wich incidentally has clock faces, larger in diameter than those on the houses of parliament (St Stephens tower)
Already mentioned, the Albert dock...built by Jesse Hartley 1824-1860 is some really striking architecture and masonry work that is as good today as it was then.
I too, could go on for ever about this fine city,and it's people, just come and have a look.

Wotan

Sponsored Links

Blah blah blah ...

I too, could go on for ever about this fine city,and it's people, just come and have a look.Wotan
Try not to stop at any traffic lights though or you may lose your wheels!

MW

Blah blah blah ...

I too, could go on for ever about this fine city,and it's people, just come and have a look.Wotan
Try not to stop at any traffic lights though or you may lose your wheels!

MW
Not anymore, that used to be the case, but they have all been recruited as wheel changers in the Formula one pit lane. :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Especially those running B&B's.

:LOL: :LOL:

they have all been recruited as wheel changers in the Formula one pit lane.

Obviously you've heard the one about the scousers taken on as pit crew by Ferrari.
Within 20 seconds they had changed Schumackars tyres, filled him with fuel, repainted and re-badged his car and sold it to Williams.

Its true! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back