Your Opinion Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Opinions wanted:-

Have had downlighters installed (5 x 50w-240v) in my bathroom controlled by pull cord in bathroom and all is ok. I am now wanting a way of dimming them down on a few occasions when the wife wants a cosy bath!! :rolleyes:

We have already decorated inside and outside the bathroom so dont want to fit dimmer switch to inside or outside wall but was wondering about the following.

Could I have a surface mounted dimmer switch fitted within the airing cupboard-no redoecorating needed- which then runs thru the existing pull cord in the bathroom therefore creating a presetable dimmer switch for either full brightness or if she wants a bath she could turn it downin the airing cupboard and then turn the light s on from the pull cord.

I know the idea wont win the hearts of purists or any awards for design but was wondering simply if it would work or if you have any other ideas???

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Where is the airing cuboard in relation to the bathroom?

What about installing a GET smart wireless receiver?

This would allow you to have a wall mounted switch either inside or outside the bathroom (as it is ELV), and it requires no redecorating as it is wireless.

You can also get a remote controller so Mrs. mackandmutley could even dim the lights whilst in the bath if she really wants. :LOL:

I was thinking that too, but I'm not sure if they would cope with 5 x 50W halogen lamps?

Sponsored Links
Thinking about it, not sure if you can get them rated for 250W GU10s.

Thats a new one on me.

Seems like a good idea though.

It would require a retractive pull switch, but still works out cheaper than the GET option.

Airing cupboard backs on to bathroom and dimmer would be esily accessable on the way into the bathroom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back