Zanussi 360W cooker problem....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The grill element went bang, so I got another one and replaced it. However, after turning on the oven OR grill, after 5 seconds or so, the main RCD trips out. Could this indicate a blown Triac? With the oven the fan starts and the temp light goes on.....

Sponsored Links
If your rcd trips you have an earth fault someplace. Finding the problem requires a megger, multimeter & electrical knowlege. If in doubt play safe & call qualified assistance. Messing around with faulty electrical appliances can cost you dearly... :eek:

I have all the equipment and the relevant electronics and electrical experience, but not specifically appliance diagnostics. So I'm looking for specific guidance, i.e why does it take 5 seconds for the RCD to trip out. ? And why on both elements when one is brand new? Logically, it doesn't add up... A circuit diagram would solve the problem...

Are you saying you have megger tested everything & found no earth fault?
If the elements are good then the problem lies elsewhere. Post the pnc/prod number (usually 9 or 11 digits). You should find it around the door lip or on the back plate.

Sponsored Links
Not yet. I only replaced the grill element this afternoon. I'll post the prod no. tomorrow, it's at my daughter's house. I can megga test at the same time.

Problem solved..... my son had removed one of the wires ( neutral) from the oven element and put it back on the fan earth tag. Hence popping the RCD... :(
All working ok now. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back