Zanussi integrated door hinge backplate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just taken delivery of new integrated washer and started to fit door. On releasing screw on washer the plate behind simply fell inside the machine. The instructions say to connect the hinges to the upper hole of the top plate and the lower hole of the bottom plate. As there was a screw in the top plate I removed it and that is when the inner plate fell into the machine. Maybe I misread the instruction but there is no reference to the possibility of the backplate falling in. Anyway I’ve had the back off and the top to try and locate the plate but no joy. As anybody had a similar problem and if so how did you manage to solve the problem.

Sponsored Links
I know it's a bit late but just in case anybody else has the same problem, I managed to locate the missing part and retrieve it with a magnet attached to a long thin pole.
Saved me the ridiculous cost of sending for a replacement.

Just taken delivery of new integrated washer and started to fit door. On releasing screw on washer the plate behind simply fell inside the machine. The instructions say to connect the hinges to the upper hole of the top plate and the lower hole of the bottom plate. As there was a screw in the top plate I removed it and that is when the inner plate fell into the machine. Maybe I misread the instruction but there is no reference to the possibility of the backplate falling in. Anyway I’ve had the back off and the top to try and locate the plate but no joy. As anybody had a similar problem and if so how did you manage to solve the problem.
Hello I have the same problem and don't know how to fit the metal plate ! Did you find out how to to it. Regards

The actual fixing wasn't much of a problem once I realised that I had to make sure the bracket was held in place whilst I got the first screw connected.

Sponsored Links
Hello again but how did you hold the plate inplace without it falling into the machine. Ie with a magnet or something regards Dave

I take it your back plate fell in the washer and you have managed to retrieve it? In my case I had to take the top of the washer off to retrieve my the plate and then it was a simple matter for me to hold it on the inside whilst I screwed it back on. I think that's what I did! It was a while ago. As I said my main problem was retrieving the plate. Hope this helps, good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back