Oven door repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
i have a 'Leisure Alta' duel fuel oven with a broken door!
I'm currentl scouring the internet to find a pair of replacement hinges (it's these that are broke!) but the real problem is this:
On unscrewing the top hinge bracket, as i undid the last screw i immediately realised what i'd done wrong! The screws from the bracket dont screw into the body of the oven itself, but to a plate behind the main oven body!, hence the plate has now fell into the oven compartment! :oops: (hope you're all following this!).
Do i have to dismantle the entire oven to get to the plate that has fell off, and is this an easy task? i get the impression calling someone out from Yellow Pages will cost a fortune! (oven is only 14 months old! 2 months out of warranty what a pain in the ****!)

Sponsored Links
On unscrewing the top hinge bracket, as i undid the last screw i immediately realised what i'd done wrong! The screws from the bracket dont screw into the body of the oven itself, but to a plate behind the main oven body!, hence the plate has now fell into the oven compartment! :oops: (hope you're all following this!).
Do i have to dismantle the entire oven to get to the plate that has fell off, Side panel off - Yes
and is this an easy task? NO
i get the impression calling someone out from Yellow Pages will cost a fortune! Must be reading the wrong ads then.(oven is only 14 months old! 2 months out of warranty what a pain in the ****!)

Do i have to dismantle the entire oven to get to the plate that has fell off, Side panel off - Yes
and is this an easy task? NO
i get the impression calling someone out from Yellow Pages will cost a fortune! Must be reading the wrong ads then.(oven is only 14 months old! 2 months out of warranty what a pain in the ****!)

there are no apparent screws holding the side panels on! only access sems to be from the rear of the cooker. £ days later and still havn't heard back from any of the spares websites regarding the new hinges!! looks like no roast for sunday :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back