Zanussi Progress 1200 W ZWF 1230 W - Pump Cover Stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a Zanussi Progress 1200 W ZWF 1230 W which stopped spinning yesterday and was just filling up but not draining. We think something is stuck in the pump filter but we cannot open it. The front cover opens, the front part untwists but does not bring the back part with it.

We have tried prising it out with pliers etc but it is stuck fast.

Can anyone recommend a tool to use or any other suggestions?

Many thanks for your help.

Jane :)

Sponsored Links
Hi Jane. Did you manage to solve this problem? Mine has done exactly the same today. I need to check the pump but can't get the cover off as the front part has become separated and the back part is stuck fast. Any tips on removing it appreciated.

Cheers

Fiona

Hi
Does you machine just keep filling or is it not draining when its supposed to?

Sponsored Links
The machine had emptied but had a bit of sludge in so I wanted to check the filter. When I tried to unscrew it, the cover top came off leaving the rest stuck in the machine. I've tried wire nosed pliers but there's nothing to get hold of. I'm going to try tipping it over later but I have to dismantle the unit around it, so its a job for after I've made the tea!

Problem with tipping it up side down or on its front or right side is that water can tip onto boards or fill the air pressure switch or just about go anywhere its not supposed to.

So be WARNED!!!

Having re-read your post I think you mean you are just going to tip the filter assembly up rather than the whole machine so you will be ok to do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back