Zanussi wash/dryer strange hex screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All that is stopping my fixing the belt on my Zanussi are the peculiar screws holding the lid on. They are standard hex screws except there is a raised point inside the screw that prevents my usual drivers going in. Is this some cunning trick by Zanussi to keep away amateurs or can the driver be obtained?

Thanks

S

Sponsored Links
I am not familiar with your exact machine. However tamperproof screws are fitted to more and more items these days. A very good hardware shop might sell you a bit individually but you can buy sets for about £6-£8 at markets, tool shops or Maplin stores. These contain about 24 of the most common types of bits that fit anti-tamper screws such as hex or torx screws that have that infuriating post through the middle!

Once you get into the machine let battle commence!

Sponsored Links
hah! Nothing will stop me tampering now bwhahahaha!

Altho now I have to somehow get the new drive belt on, once I have got the screws out and the lid off.

Thats going to be fun

Thanks

S

You should be able to wedge a small straight bladed screwdriver into the tamperproof screws ,then replace with phillips screws.I doubt if you will be able to change the belt with just the lid removed it is possible but difficult.Probably have to remove the rear half of the cabinet to stretch the belt on.

ah well the back does not come off, its a continous bit of steel from the front edges all the way around, but i think dropping the belt onto the motor then turning the main drum wheel and easing the belt on under tension might work. hope so.

yes your right, might as well destroy the screws and get them out

The outer cabinet will split in half.there should be a join at the sides.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back