Zanussi ZFT10210WA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I've just noticed that the rear internal plastic panel has come loose on one side.
This inhibits the correct placement of a couple of drawers, which in turn, push into the internal plastic panel of the door.
At first glance, it looks like the retaining screw has come adrift.

My problem is that I'm now a disabled pensioner and struggle to do anything now. Ordinarily, I'd whip the drawers out and have a go, but I'd struggle to get the drawers out, cover them etc, then have to put them back, especially if I can't do anything.

I was hoping that one of you guys might know this item, and what's behind that panel. If the screw has just come adrift, I can replace it. If it's pulled out, maybe a thicker screw etc.

I hope you are all keeping well.
Baz

Sponsored Links
Yes JJ,
I now know that behind that panel is the fan and a polystyrene 'box', separating the panel from some pipes (I guess to insulate any rattles).
I was hoping that it wasn't something 'blown' and pushed the panel off.
I now think the screw just came loose, so I should be able to fix it - when I can take the drawers out, stack them at the end of my galley type kitchen, do the job, and return things.
I know it sounds simple - and when I was a builder - it was (so frustrating when you've worked yer goolies off all your life,,,, now it takes 3 days to vacuum my bungalow, as long as it's a 'good' day).
I appreciate your time friend.
Baz

When was the last time you defrosted it, there could be a large build up of ice that has forced the cover out. If so it will take more than a few hours to defrost properly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again JJ,
The whole idea of this kit, is no frost.
I can no longer get down to defrost them.
You are right though.
Because I thought it would simply be a loose screw, I struggled to empty it and get the panel off,,,,, Alas, it wasn't to be.
As you say, there is a build up of ice behind that panel, which forced it off so much, it ripped two screws out of the internal, plastic framework.
The hardest part - for me anyway - was trying to get the 3 remaining screws back in. By now my knees were buggered and my hand was shaking, on top of my spinal problems.
Anyway - looks like a new freezer is required.
I need a frost free, under counter one, with 4 plastic drawers.
I don't want the cheapest, and can't afford the dearest.

thanks to all readers.
B

PS: Is it easy to get the internal plastic frame out ?

Sorry but there is no such thing as a defrost free fridge/freezer despite the manufacturers claims.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back